Editing artist info

It should. It does when I’ve done it. It’s a pretty simple test. I would take an album you don’t care about from an artist you don’t regularly listen to and just test adding a track and album to get a feel for how it works.

As to the first question, if you already have the track in your library, the best sequence of actions is to first remove the track from the library and then add the album back.

yeah, it can be confusing at times and there are complaints about the functionality of the UI. It is missing a lot of “common sense” and “basic” features and it doesn’t really make sense why. But it becomes much more intuitive to use after some time with it and makes more sense. Not for everyone though and that is ok too. Hopefully the new upcoming version will fix some of these things.

I think the reason the songs in your library don’t behave the same as the ones in the playlist is because the songs in the playlist were there before the song was added to your library and is therefore still linked to Tidal so it is treated as such. I think if you were to make a playlist from the songs in your library, they would behave as songs in your library and not how they behave when you first got them from Tidal. I think if you were to add a song from Tidal to your library and then add it to a playlist, you would be able to edit it and heart it and stuff. I’ll try it on my end too

1 Like

Yes @AnimalOnDrums - I think you are right.

I am in the process of redoing it all from scratch. First I’m favoriting all my playlist tracks on Tidal to make sure they appear in my roon library after forced sync. Second, I am going to recreate my roon-only playlist from scratch by adding the tracks to my roon library and re-doing the playlists. hopefully this will solve it all on this end. Will need to be religious about following this logic moving forward.

btw, is there an upcoming version update for roon you’re aware off? I wonder when and what may be in it. will cross fingers…:wink:

next I’m trying to sort some legacy iTunes/roon sync (digital foot print of eons ago). I’ll put this in a separate topic to keep things organized for other readers of this thread.

thanks so much!!

No problem! I hope it all goes well!

Yeah, version 1.8 is supposed to be coming out soon. It am hoping it will address the missing basic features and UI usability :grin: It is supposed to be out really soon, I am hoping before the end of January! Fingers crossed!

I haven’t even attempted iTunes sync or anything but I guess I should at some point…thats like 20+ years of data and organization I should put to use. I will follow the other thread to see how it goes!

cool! @AnimalOnDrums

I’m pretty excited to see what comes out… :slight_smile:

I’ve posted in that separate thread how I’ve set iTunes up. lots of crappy AAC files from apple, but the content is there and lots of legacy stuff I don’t want to lose. It’s easy enough to find the high-rest thru Roon/Tidal once this is in library. My setup seems to generally works, but not fully. Once down it’s super easy - the biggest trick, which took me endless effort to find - is how to point the iTunes library to my core (vs. local desktop). quick pro tip: start iTunes with the “shift” key pressed (or equivalent of Mac).

happy hunting…:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.