Eero Mesh Network: Port Forwarding Issues

I can’t get it working either and must be missing something.

Eero Mesh
NUCi7 Roon Core

Same issue as you for me on Eero, hopefully someone has an answer.

2 Likes

Hi @jtwrace and @Lee_Halbert,

Thank you for reporting your issues and I’m sorry to hear that auto-configuration hit a snag during setup.

I first recommend you glance through our Help Center article on Port Forwarding troubleshooting, and in particular, the section on multiple NAT, as this is the most common issue users have encountered with port forwarding on a standard network setup.

Please let me know if this does not help illuminate your issue, and we’ll be happy to continue troubleshooting here with a few additional questions about your network and setup.

Yeah I read that, that’s why I posted here

Hi @jtwrace,

Sure thing. A few things to check to verify there’s not a double NAT layer on your network.

1. Who is your internet service provider? We’ll want to know if there are carrier-grade NAT layers or security settings at play, as we have several workarounds.

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router? In addition to the Eero Mesh router, what modem are you using? Is it an ISP-provided modem/router combo?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

1. Who is your internet service provider? We’ll want to know if there are carrier-grade NAT layers or security settings at play, as we have several workarounds.
    AT&T Fiber (500/500)
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router? In addition to the Eero Mesh router, what modem are you using? Is it an ISP-provided modem/router combo?
    ARRIS BGW320-500
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    See below
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    Firewalla Purple

I use Eero at home with AT&T fiber too… I just set my Eero to bridge mode and everything worked fine. ARC was defaulting to 41909 for the port but changing it to 55000 fixed it.

Working great.

@connor

I got mine working!

I’m not able to use Bridge Mode due to the use of the Firewalla Purple as other things lose functionality. After much playing around and really thinking through the process, I’ve got it working.

Here are some screen shots should anyone else encounter the issue using Eero and Firewalla. I have also attached the screenshots from my iPhone 11 (iOS 16) running VPN to the Firewalla too and it works perfectly via bluetooth in the car!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.