Eitr USB-SPDIF Converter

Hello Jim,

Yes. I just received a similar email. It sounds like the Gen 5 USB is the culprit. They are going to send a replacement.

If you haven’t already, you may want to update Eric on this. I’ll drop notifications for @miklats, @cass_fisher and @St0g1e.

Thanks for your time with this!

If you think of it, let me know how it goes with the microRendu.

I told the nice people at Schiit that would wait to hear back from the Roon folks now that I have given them the logs from my Roon Server and client. This will give m a bit of time for the Sonore microRedu to show up. If you do send back your Eitr, please let m know if when it is returned, if the problem is fixed.

Thanks!
Jim Murphy

That sounds like a good idea. (It’s going to be quite a bit easier to ship the Eitr vs. that Yggy.)

Will let you know how it goes. All the best to you on your end!

Thanks Jeffrey

I contacted Schiit.
The Eitr here works with Jriver on Win 10 and on a Mac.
It also works with Audirvana on a Mac.

It does not work with HqPlayer and with Roon. Not on the PC, Mac or via Raat.

As long as my Eitr is working with my micro/ultra-rendu, Schiit will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.

Hi Cass.

I am wondering, when you set up the zone with the ultraRendu, did you set exclusive mode? Thanks!

Jim Murphy

Jim, “exclusive mode” does not come up as an option under Device Setup>Playback with micro or ultra-rendu. In both cases, I get a lossless stream and do not hear any computer sounds, so I assume it is working in exclusive mode even though there is no option to select that.

I tried the Eitr with a Sonicorbiter in exclusive mode. without success.
Schiit asked me to send the Eitr back.

For the Yggy I hope to buy the new USB board direct, without having to ship that Dac around the Globe, and install it by myself.

Hi Cass.

Thanks for the quick feedback. I will be getting my microRendu on Friday. I’m hoping it will solve my Eitr/Yggdrsil problems with Roon.

Jim Murphy

Thanks for sharing your testing.

The Eitr also worked with JRiver. But I’m looking forward to having it work with Roon.

Schiit has a replacement unit on the way. Will let you know how it works when it gets here.

Are you sending yours back or are you with @cass_fisher? (Who cracked me up!)

Thanks for checking in with Eric. It’ll be interesting to see what he comes up with.

As I have 2 weeks to send it back I will wait a bit until your spare unit arrives and see if you have better results.
Please let us know how things unfold.

For the Yggy I will wait until they sell that board without having to ship the Dac into the factory.
As I use the AES input only with the Yggy I have no reason to hurry with the update of the USB port.

The new Roon update Roon version 1.3 build 247 solves my problem with the Eitr and Yggdrasil. Now everything is working as desired and sounding AWESOME!

Thanks for all of your help with this issue.

Jim Murphy

1 Like

It works for me too now

After updating to build 247, the Eitr connects via exclusive and integer mode via:

Macmini i7 late 2012
macOS El Capitan 10.11.6

I will try to connect the Eitr straight to Rock on i5 intel nuc over the weekend and report back.

Thanks to roon team for fixing this.

Bastian

Encouraging!

The update to build 247 didnt help here.
Same problems as before on PC, Mac and Raat.
I sent the Eitr back.

[quote=“miklats, post:37, topic:28661”]
sent the Eitr back
[/quote]it must be fulla schiit.

With the latest Win 10 Creators update and the next Mac upgrade, which will change the filesystem plus changes in plugin treatment, all is in a state of flux.
Dirac wont work with the Creator stuff.
Dirac wont work with the Eitr on Mac and PC.
etc…
I leave next week for a month. Hope when I come back all is solved…

Getting your Eitr back from Schiit should help. The replacement unit they sent is working in exclusive mode with everything from Redbook to 192/24 files.