El Capitan Beta

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has installed MacOS El Capitan beta yet? And is Roon happily working?
Having Roon work has quickly become v. important to me, and despite my curiosity with El Capitan I don’t want o jeopardise Roon from working, so will hold fire from installing…

itchy install fingers at the ready!!

:smile:

John

Same conundrum…

Who’ll take one for the team? :smile:

2 Likes

It´s not out yet: “The iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan Public Betas are coming soon to the Apple Beta Software Program. We will contact you via email when they are available for download.”

It’s out if you’re a registered developer :wink:

Sorry, I forgot this! :blush:

What a stupid name for an OS - It’s something Q called Picard.

1 Like

I have it - USB output to DACs is broken (you just get static or a brief bit of music followed by static). So no rush for music lovers :confused:

Several others reporting this on various forums, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Thanks jhwalker… you just came along in the nick of time… I was literally just about to do click ‘GO’ !!.. :smile:

Running El Cap beta 2 now on my MacBook.

Happy to report Roon is running without issues, even when outputting to a Meridian Explorer 2 USB DAC.

As always, YMMV.

Agree - Beta 2 fixed the problem I was having with my LH Labs Geek Pulse X Infinity :slight_smile:

Just installed OS 10.11 on my late 2012 Mac Mini. Beta (15A215h)

Roon is D O A.

Yeah I can report that Roon also does not work with El Capitan on a Mac Mini. It chews up almost 60% cpu but never opens.

Reinstalled, deleted the library, no help. Show all windows for Roon shows a Blank screen.

Confirmed issue on 2012 and 2014 Mac mIni, falling back to Jriver20 until an update is released for Roon

Update for roon? I certainly hope the roon staff aren’t spending time chasing down OSX 10.11 Beta 3 bugs.

They have much more important things in the pipeline!!

Yep I understand that and it would be a fair criticism, except I have found Roon unstable on every version of Mac OS, hence the temptation to upgrade to the El Capitan.

It’s been rock solid for me as a remote with limited private playback, maybe it’s specific to your audio hardware?

Roon will not boot with El Capitan. The app does not boot and has to be “forced quit”

We’re not doing any testing on El Capitan yet, so upgrade at your own risk! :smile:

We’ll let everyone know when we’ve started testing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update guys. Will probably do a clean install or try the windows 8 bootcamp partition on the mac mini

That’s unfortunate. As you’re likely aware, Developer Preview was just released as the first Public Beta, so it will get much wider distribution than the developer previews.

1 Like