ELAC Roon Essentials not recognizing KEF LS50 Wireless

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Utilizing Roon Essentials via Elac Discovery. I have also been in contact with their support team, but they have been unable to resolve the issue.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

I currently have everything hooked up via ethernet from my home modem/router. The modem/router is an ARRIS SURFboard from 2015. All connections, including the Elac Discovery running roon essentials and the KEF speakers, are made directly to the router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

I am using the KEF ls50 Wireless, connected via ethernet. I have also ensured that the speakers have the most up-to-date firmware update so that should not be a part of the issue.

Description Of Issue

Every time I go into Roon Audio settings to try an locate the KEF speakers they are not available. I have tried resetting everything in the chain (modem/router, Roon essentials, ls50W speakers) and nothing seems to work. I have tried to look at my network settings, and the KEF speakers have an assigned IP address and the modem is locating them. However, for some reason Roon still never identifies them. If you could provide any suggestions or assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I hope I have not mis-understood your issue but I thought that the Elac Discovery was a Roon endpoint, ie similar to a dac, and as such would be connected directly to a HiFi system or, in your case, digitally to the Kefs.

Kefs are also Roon endpoints but I suspect that Roon Essentials cannot discover them. After all, it is a cut down version of Roon.

Hi @Jonathan_McCoy,

Roon Essentials and Roon are different products, and Essentials customers are entitled to direct support from Elac.

While we’re happy for both products to be discussed on Community, for support you will definitely want to contact Elac directly for any questions about Roon Essentials, as we can’t comment on specific device compatibility with Roon Essentials.

If you are inclined, you can choose to trial a standard Roon install on a PC and verify if your LS50 speakers work as expected, but for Roon Essentials, it would be best to work with Elac to determine compatibility. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.