Elbow's Seldom Seen Kid != Elbow & The BBC Orchestra's Seldom Seen Kid

I wanted to listen to the live version of Seldom Seen Kid recorded live by Elbow with the BBC Orchestra stored on my server and couldn’t find it at all when I searched ROON. I thought that the meta-data or something about the rip must be bad. After updating the meta-data and then re-ripping the album, I still didn’t see it show up at new in Roon and couldn’t search for it. I finally found it as a “Duplicate” album of Elbow’s Seldom Seen Kid. These are not the same at all but ROON treats them as if they are. I can’t find a way to tell ROON that these are different albums. Any advice on what to do or, even better, having the metadata updated to separate them, would be great.

You’re in the right thread for getting the metadata sorted, but in the meantime, could you separate your albums by editing the title of one of them via a Roon level edit ? I’ve tried this on one of my duplicates and found that that was enough for Roon to consider it a separate album.

Thanks for reaching out, @Bjorn_Levidow.

I have reached out to our metadata provider and requested they make a change here. I’ll keep you updated once we hear from them.

I have the same albums, and changed the live version to version below

Hi @Bjorn_Levidow,

Our metadata provider has let us know that they have corrected this today. Please give this about a week or two to be reflected within Roon. Once you see the change on your end please mark this post as the solution.

Thanks again for your report!