Exporting Apple Music Library Issues

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble logging in

Where are you having trouble logging in?

· Other

Describe the issue

email contact problem with your support tram

Describe your network setup

normal email contact

Welcome @Yves_A_R - Support is only available through these forums, which are community AND Roon-staff supported.

1 Like

@Yves_A_R, what is the specific problem you are experiencing when trying to log into Roon?

1 Like

When I try to send Roon an email with all the topics and attachments it never works…
It’s really frustrating.

He wasn’t asking what your email problem is. What’s wrong with your system?

2 Likes

Yes I’m aware but all my email wit the detail description of my problem has been rejected from the support system.

@Yves_A_R, I edited your post to remove your personal email for privacy reasons.

Have you submitted a support request from this link:

This is the method to post requests using the link at the top of the page with the “Get Help” button.

I am a volunteer moderator and do not see or receive emails sent to Roon.

1 Like

I’m aware the first reply you got was to post here and stop banging on about email so…

Hey @Robert_F (and @ged_hickman1 and @Carl),

@Yves_A_R has had trouble emailing contact@roonlabs.com and including screenshots. It seems the issue he’s facing (and, we’re very sorry @Yves_A_R) is importing iTunes (now Apple Music) into Roon and have it display current information. There seem to be some discrepancies.

@Yves_A_R, this is a great place to get help with that. Via email you will always reach the accounts & billing team, and, while we can do a lot, technical troubleshooting is not something we’re trained or have expertise in (or even access to the same tooling our @support team has).

I’ve copied below the information you shared with us:

I try since months to setup roon same as my Apple Music app with all my Music and Playlists on a new Apple M2 (I bought) only to run Roon permanent and have problem to bring it back to correct setup.

See below all attached infos and as example how my Apple Music app looks like. Very important for me are all my playlists working.

If I use the default path (path = HD/User/spicytunes/Dokumente/Music/Music) and setup as on your instruction I get no single Music or playlist

If I use the path with all my Music (saved before from iTunes on a separate HD (path = M2-Data/iTunesMusic/Music) I get old information and playlist witch I delete long time ago?

It is totally confusing and did the installation more the 3 time from scratch without any success, had some playlist problem before and asked Roon already, but now im stocked without any success.

My goal is to have the same music and playlist as on my Apple Music Player (have no Abo with Apple) only us all my old or new Music files (most of them mp3 files)

Any ideas how to fix my problem and ready the correct library (as I Sayed I am working with all the different paths and have read all your setup info’s without any success)

Here how my Apple Music app looks like and like to have same info’s on the Roon app

Ein Bild, das Text, Collage, Screenshot, Broschüre enthält. Automatisch generierte Beschreibung

Apple Music Library (default Apple) (path = HD/User/spicytunes/Dokumente/Music/Music)

Ein Bild, das Screenshot, Text enthält. Automatisch generierte Beschreibung

All my Music saved before from iTunes on a separate HD (path = M2-Data/iTunesMusic/Music)

Ein Bild, das Text, Screenshot enthält. Automatisch generierte Beschreibung

Apple path default setup (path = HD/User/spicytunes/Dokumente/)

Ein Bild, das Text, Software, Screenshot enthält. Automatisch generierte Beschreibung

Have read all your setup document (as below) also ask already [## 644106 ##] Playlist problem (using from iTunes)

Ein Bild, das Text, Software, Webseite, Website enthält. Automatisch generierte Beschreibung

Many thanks in advanced

Best regards

Willy

1 Like

Hi @Yves_A_R,

Thank you for your post and thank you @beka for sharing the full history and details of this case.

Roon can’t read and index an Apple Music .musiclibrary library package. There is not a live sync between your Apple Music library and Roon, because Apple is not a Roon partner and their proprietary music app is not integrated with Roon. You need to export your Apple Music library in an indexed format to a Watched Folder in Roon, rather than just make the Apple Music library folder a Roon storage location.

Roon will read an exported Apple Music library, which is accessible via .XML file export. The XML file needs to be generated by going to Apple Music App → File → Export Library. Export it to a Watched Folder in Roon. The local library folder hosting your Roon music should then look something like this:

3 Likes

Many Thanks Conner for your replay.
As usual Apple is Apple and nothing else they don’t care about it.
It is how it is and i have to live with
Best regards and thx for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.