Endless Reboot Cycle During Roon App Update (ref#B20RB0)

Affected Product

Nucleus

Nucleus Model

Nucleus+ Rev B

Description of Issue

Bought a brand new Nucleus+ rev B and after plugging in, it was immediately found by the Roon App. However, had to run a mandatory update, which just doesn’t complete. Nucleus+ seems to be in an endless reboot cycle in a 25 seconds rhythm. I‘ve seen others had the issue before, but so far none of the suggested remediation steps helped. Is there any easy remediation to this? Not the way I hoped to start into my new Roon universe.

RAM & Internal Storage

Nucleus+ rev B without further SSD or HDD added

Connected Audio Devices

None so far, but would be Hegel and KEF

Home Network Details

Ethernet

Hi @stephan.e.mueller

I’m just a fellow Roon user.

@support may not get back to you until Monday.

In the meantime, could you plug the Nucleus into a TV via HDMI. With a smartphone, could you take pictures of what you see.

I use Roon Rock and get this when everything is normal.

You can also see if you can access the Nucleus via its webpage. http://nucleusplus/

And for help

1 Like

Hey stephan.e.mueller,

Ben with the support team here, thanks for writing in and for your patience! Sorry to hear this is happening to you on a recently purchased Nucleus!

@AMT offered some great next steps in that we’ll want to access the webUI of the Nucleus, and attempt to reinstall the OS from this webpage.

Let me know if you’re able to do this. A screenshot of what you see on a monitor via HDMI would be helpful as well. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, both!

Please see attached screenshots from the reboot cycle. They only pop up for about a second each, then screen is blank and after about 25sec it repeats. It states ‘searching for network address, but network is working properly. Testes cable and LAN port with other devices.

1 Like

Hey @stephan.e.mueller,

Thanks for sharing those screenshots! I will follow up via PM with next steps. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.