Roon Core Machine

Roon Rock
Intel Nuc
Roon os 1.0 build 227

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Zxyel router
Ethernet

Description of Issue

Hi, I was having an issue with setting up Roon Arc automatically so I was following the manual port forwarding instructions. I attempted to change the settings to a static IP according to below pictured instructions.

But I entered the DNS incorrectly as 8.8.8.8.8.8.4.4
Now I am unable to connect to Rock at all via the app or via IP address.

I have connected the rock to the TV and this is the message I get, but I am unable to access that address in my browser.

Can anyone please advise on how to fix the issue and get back to DHCP, or a correct static IP?!

This is a screenshot of settings before changing

Many thanks!

Can you open ROCK in the web browser at http://192.168.0.12?

Hi, no I can’t access via that address in the browser

Unfortunately, you have configured your ROCK to be on a different network than the rest of your devices.

ROCK is on 192.168.0.xxx
Everything else is on 192.168.1.xxx

There are ways to put a device onto the 192.168.0.xxx network to reconfigure ROCK, but that’s probably more trouble than it’s worth right now.

Since you have a keyboard and monitor connected you can follow the instructions in the help center article below to reset back to the default networking setup. This won’t impact your Roon database or music files in any way.

3 Likes

And you tried 192.168.1.12, too?

If you’ve configured ROCK to use a static IP, it looks like you set it up to use a different subnet: 192.168.0.0 vs. 192.168.1.0. What is the IP of your PC or phone?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.