Entrypoints, the audio entrance to Roon, made the move to HiRes!

Is it possible to feed system audio (os x) to roon?

1 Like

Roon as a sound output option in Mac OS X would be great!

1 Like

Jan, just tore down my entrypoint and rebuilt from scratch with 1.0. Flawless. My only issue was I did not know what my HiFiBerry frequency output was so I had to try both. Turns outs its 48:-) might be worth some visual feedback to check other frequencies as it took me a bit to figure out that was what was wrongā€¦

native will not happen but simply build your self a raspberry pi with a hifi berry dac+adc pro and install Janā€™s extension manager. You can just plug audio right in.

I just rebuilt my entrypoint with the new 1.0 flawless! Donā€™t forget to match your sample frequencies or it just says no radio station available at that addressā€¦

Additional Bluetooth configuration information to setup bluetooth and allow it to auto connectā€¦ First off here is a list of bluetoothctl commands to help: Bluetooth Commands ā€“ Raspberry Pi Projects

I am betting you are like me and want to allow bluetooth devices to connect without logging into your BT Entrypoint device. First run sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade to get current. Then run sudo apt install bluetooth pi-bluetooth bluez to get bluetooth fully installed. Reboot. now add three lines to ā€˜sudo nano /home/pi/.bashrcā€™ hciconfig hci0 up to ensure Bluetooth is running, ā€˜sudo hciconfig hci0 piscanā€™ to make your device discoverable, and ā€˜sudo hciconfig hci0 sspmode 1ā€™ to enable Secure Simple Pairing. Hope this helps!

@Jan_Koudijs , so I have two entrypoints on my network one has both the gateway and the audio entry point and the other has both the bluetooth and the audio entry points. My bluetooth entrypoint works but I cannot get the audio entry point to work. Does the group number have any impact on this both entry points have the same default group number. I am running RPI 4 with latest dietpi and loaded entry point code directly from the dietpi-software screen. Both devices are identical. The path shows lossless all the way through and says streaming but no audio is coming through. I have tried both 44.1 and 48khz and rebuilt from scratch same result.

Iā€™ll try this as soon as I can. Do you know if these commands are relevant to DietPi as well as Rasbian/RPOS?

I believe they are

Thanksā€¦ Iā€™ll give it a try and report back.

The default group number (29) is correct for DietPi. How do you differentiate between the 2 installations, have you changed the hostname of one of the devices?

I need to have a look at the logs to see what is going on. Can you download the logs via the Extension Manager of the DietPi installation that is having the issue? Instructions are here.

OK, I am an idiot. I had the DAC+ ADC Pro and I had the DAC+ ADC picked as the audio card. As soon as I changed it smooth as silk. Apologies for wasting your time.

@Jan_Koudijs OK I have the aux in working but when I install the BT entry point it says No Default Controller Available. When I go into BluetoothCtl it confirms no controller available. When I then uninstall the BT Entry point I can then go into bluetoothctl and scan on and it finds a controller. I looked in the logs and did not see anything obvious but I do not really know what I am looking forā€¦ I am running a RPI 4 with a CAD+ ADC Pro board with the latest dietpi.

Shoutout to @Jan_Koudijs for helping me resolve an issue preventing Audio Entrypoint from installing in Docker and more important to me assisting with setting up loopback to pump Spotify into Roon!

1 Like

Another way to show appreciation just in case youā€™re not aware.

.sjb

1 Like

Excellent, happy to encourage further development with coffee or whatever Jan wishes to purchase.

1 Like

I can reproduce this on an up to date DietPi installation, the sd-card with an older version that I used during development still works.

I have to look into this, it might take some time.

Hi @Larry_Post, with the input you provided I now wrote a Wiki page that explains how to setup an Audio Entrypoint to receive input from Raspotify. Thanks for testing this setup!

To give some context to the rest of the community :slight_smile: . Larry and I teamed up to test a DietPi setup where Raspotify is used to let a Raspberry Pi act as a Spotify Connect device, and forward the music stream to an Audio Entrypoint, in order to listen to it in Roon via a web-radio stream. You can read all about it in the above link.

1 Like

Sounds good! Most of my devices still have minijacks but not much longer it seemsā€¦

Nice! Thatā€™s a tidy way to get Spotify into Roon. Iā€™m still running LMS on a separate Pi for Spotify and BBC Sounds with a SPDIF link into the entrypoint Pi. Convoluted, but means I can run LMS through a VPN to get UK higher quality BBC streams while keeping Roon on my local network.