Equalizer Add on or Plugin for Roon?

I run a Roon NUC. Is there equalizer software for the NUC? If so how do I use it?
Muse doesn’t do crap.
I’m looking for a software version of a graphic equalizer.

Thanks

Muse offers a variety of DSP (digital signal processor) features, including a PEQ (parametric equaliser). A PEQ is more advanced than a graphic equaliser. What is it that you hope to achieve?

2 Likes

Where do I find the PEQ? I click on MUSE and its nowhere to be found

I have hearing loss above 4k and wanted to match my profile from the audiologist. PEQ is nowhere on my roon software

Ok i see toggle now for PEQ in MUSE…how do you open it?

The link below explains how Muse and its range of DSP tools can be used:

It does not relate how to use the PEQ…im not interested in DSP

All of what Muse performs is a type of DSP performed by Roon. You can setup a Procedural EQ or a Parametric EQ to boost specific high frequencies (or alternately, reduce specific low frequencies), and even set the width of the boost/reduction at specific frequencies to align with what your audiologist recommends.

Basically I cant get to the actual EQ page with the graph there is no way to get there

I enable the PEQ but there is no carrot pointing to opening the EQ it just shows enabled and nothing else

You cannot create filters on your phone, you need to use a computer (PC or Mac) or a tablet to create the filters. The phone only can activate a previously created filter.

1 Like

Well that kinda sucks. Since I dont have my computer with me at my listening position. What is the point

You can create it on the computer and then activiate it on your phone at your listening position.

Ok, i can see that. Guess i’ll try that…thank you…any idea why the Metadata Improver is paused? NOthing on the NUC has changed

That usually indicates the a connection to the internet servers had an issue. A reboot of the server usually takes care of that.

Open Muse for that Audio Device
Click the Add Filter button (underlined in Red)
Select Paramteric EQ
Change the graph to your desires
Click on the presets drop down towards the left of Muse text on the headline row,and click save and give the preset a name.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response.
I was already searching tirelessly in the app on my Samsung to be able to adjust the EQ settings. As I understand now, this cannot be done on a phone. Very unfortunate.

1 Like