Error loading folder on linux as same user running server

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon 1.8 running on Ubuntu 20.04

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

hardwired ethernet

I’m running Roon Server on a ubuntu box as a specific user, roonuser. The music folder is in that user’s home (/Users/roonuser/music). When I go to add a music folder, it tells me that /Users/roonuser is unauthorized: “Error loading folder unauthorized”

When I log in as that user, ls -alh shows everything is correctly owned by the user and I can access all the directories, files, etc. I can go into /Users/roonuser/music and touch a new file, mv an existing, file, etc.

Genuinely trying to help. First thought is are you sure Roon is running under the same account? I know it’s a bit have you tried turning it off and on, but it’s worth checking for sure.

Hey @Nick_Dawson,

So sorry for getting back to you this late :pleading_face:

Is this still an ongoing issue? Did @killdozer’s suggestion lead on a helpful path? (thanks for the intervention :pray:)

Thanks for checking in Rebeka
Unfortunately I wasn’t able to resolve it. My home directory is owned by the same user that’s running the server service.

However, I was able to do a workaround with a symbolic link. I created a link from ~/music to /music and made the owner my user. For some reason, that works.

1 Like