Error Loading Folder Unauthorised

I am a life member of Roon. When i could not play the music stored in an external hard drive, i reinstalled Roon. Now when i go to setting and choose music storage folder and try to add a folder being music in my hard drive, it says ‘Error Loading Folder Unauthorised’. I use a Mac and when i try to access the files and play it in the Finder, i can play it (on other music play back apps). What should i do?

Hello @Susir_Kumar, I’ve moved your post to its own support thread.
In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

I use a iMac which has 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 with Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4. I have connected a hard drive to this iMac on a USB port. The Hard drive is from Lacie. I have downloaded the latest roon application (i was using it always but post the problem, i uninstalled and then reinstalled). I have an option of either playing back the music in my computer or through the network on a Classe Sigma 2200i. I am able to play Tidal music in this setup. The only thing i cant do is access my music folders in the Lacie hard disc. When i try to access, it says ‘Error Loading Folder Unauthorised’. As i said - if i access the hard drive through the finder in the iMac - i can click on a music file and the music plays in the normal music play back app (like iTunes) - so the hard disc and the files therein are fine.

That seems to be a permission issue. Take a read of this post and see if it helps.

Thanks so very much. The import started.

1 Like

Hey @Susir_Kumar, glad to see things are working again! Please let us know if you need help in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.