“Error loading the page. Check your network connection” when starting Qobuz

Hello ,
I have exactly the same problem as Rainer Schittko, only with Qobuz. I also use a Fritzbox as a router and use the Antipodes Ex as a Roon Server (version 1.8 build 795) and Roon Ready (version 1.1.38). I get the error message “Error loading the page. Check your network connection” when starting Qobuz.
Is there already a solution to the problem?

Hello @Gerd_Scholz and welcome. I’ve split out your post to its own support topic; it’s easier for Roon if each problem has its own thread.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Try this

Otherwise search the forum for Fritzbox and Qobuz. There are quitte a lot of issues with the Fritzbox.

Hello Brain,
here are the needed information.
I use the Antipodes Ex as a Roon Server with version 1.8 (build 795) stable and the Roon Ready version 1.1.38. The Antipodes is connected to the router Fritzbox 7490 (FritzOS latest version 07.26) with LAN cable 1 Gbit/s. For the Roon App I use Samsung Galaxy Tab S 3 via WLAN or PC with Win 10 via LAN.
The Antipodes is always integrated in the network with the same IPv4 address.
I start the Roon server and then the Roon app. All Qobuz tracks stored in the library or in the playlists are displayed and can be played. The metadata information are missing. When calling up the Qobuz page, the error message “Error loading the page. Check your network connection!” is shown very shortly. The Qobuz page is empty. Then I restart the Roon server with the Antipodes App and after that everything is OK, the Qobuz page can be called up and the missing metadata are now available.

I also had this problem at times with Roon version 1.7. In the last quarter of a year (felt time) before Roon was updated to version 1.8 everything was fine. I have the described problems again after updating to version 1.8.

Hi @Gerd_Scholz

We’ve seen Google DNS help with issues like this in the past. Can you try setting that on your router and let us know if it helps?

1 Like

Hi Dylan,
thanks for your answer.
I followed the recommendation of the Router Specific Settings to switch off the “Software Packet Acceleration” in the GUI of the Fritz OS 7. I have also intensively tested the start-up behavior of the Roon software using the Google DNS server and the Cloudflare DNS server. Most of the time, roon started with the error message when loading the Qobuz page. If the Roon server was already started during the day, there were also starts without an error message afterwards.
This is unsatisfactory and does not solve the problem with the error message when loading the Qobuz page and the missing metadata information.