Error message "InvalidRecaptcha" displayed when logging into Roon on Mac mini after restart (ref#A3O7B8)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

*Some *of my remotes can connect

After my Mac mini restarted, and I launch Roon, I’m redirected to a login screen. After giving my username and password, there is an error message claiming “InvalidRecaptcha”. Of course there was no captcha.

Hi @Jan_Prummel,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue. First, try using a different browser to sign in. If that doesn’t work try clearing your cache in the browser. Let me know the results.

Nope, that doesn’t work. I even (unnecessarily) changed my password, just in case that would shake up your (or my) system enough to wake up. Tried Safari and Firefox (default browser).

Now, even this forum uses the login page for the app, rather than it’s own login page, which consequently doesn’t work on my Mac, anymore.

I do, however, manage to log in on my iPad. But because the roon server is still not running, that doesn’t do me any good for the app, but I get to vent my frustration here, at least.

Hang on, I am able to make the server realize I’m logged in if I start roon remote on my iPad. But the unresponsive Mac that runs my server (build 1382) remains a source of instability and frustration. Please let me know what to do.

@Jan_Prummel, I’ve reviewed our diagnostics and it looks like your different Roon products are all at different versions. Roon needs its parts to be on the same version to function. Do you see any notifications about needing to update any of the apps?

So, you’re saying that if I see this pop-up (which happens a bit too frequently to my taste), there is no point in clicking ‘View Details’ and selecting to update only one App. ‘Update All’ is the only available option, besides ignoring the message by clicking the ‘x’?

You can update all or one at a time, but all must be on the same or the correct version of Roon to work. I always read what the update is about before updating. I read the update notes on this forum before updating.

1 Like

@Jan_Prummel @Jim_F is correct here. Roon products need to be on the same version to work with each other. You can decline the updates if you wish and things will keep working as long as you don’t update any of your Roon software. Please be aware that this means you will not be getting any bug fixes and performance issues may happen eventually.

I see your point @daniel and @Jim_F from an interoperability perspective. But how does it work in practice? I see the update message on the Roon remote App, say on my iPad. If I accept the logical option to ‘update all’, I understand that my Roon server will update and the Remote app on my iPad. But what about the ARC app on my phone, the Remote app on my partner’s phone and tablet. Surely, those wouldn’t update, would they? And what happens if the machine that runs the server is just busy making a backup, does that finish robustly, or is that interrupted? I never look into the machine that runs the server (usually no need). But I feel a lot safer updating the server app there, than from my phone. Can you advise?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.