Error message on play action screen without any error during title loading process

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP NAS HS-453DX - Roon 1.7 Build 571

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Telekom Speedport Hybrid / Ethernet Switch Uptone Ether Regen

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Auralic Aries Femto - from NAS via Ethernet - to DAC via USB

Description Of Issue

Since the update to Build 571 each time, a title is loaded, an error remark appears on the screen “Starting playback on your audio device. This may take a moment!” It occurs on each device (smartphone, PC, tablets)
However, there is no error and the music is started correctly as always before. If this is supposed to be a new feature (just a note), than it is a very unfortunate feature. It is annoying and will cause a resistance to real error messages.

Thank your for attention

BR - Michael

1 Like

It’s not an error, it’s supposed to show when roon believes a device is waking up so won’t be playing yet.
I agree about the error orange.
If the aries starts playing before the message goes away I’d feed that back to roon so they can refine their triggers.

The Aries definetely starts playing immediately, however the message occurs always for about 3 seconds. It is not only during loading process, but also skiping from title to title, while the Aries is active.
Plus, I am running this combination since 2016 and there was never this kind of message by now, unless there was a real problem with connection.

Same on my Aries Mini System… really annoying…
Auralic Bug?

I’m seeing the same message reported by the OP when I play to my Auralic Aries G1 endpoint. No other endpoints (iMac, Sonos zones) are affected. Music plays as before, but the message persists for several seconds. This has popped up only since the update to Build 571. No other recent changes to my system.

1 Like

@support the “waking up” message is too long initially and persisting into sessions.

I also receive the message with the Auralic Polaris and also only since the last update. I am not sure but there might actually be a little delay.

I have the same message since the update. Streamer is Aries G1. But I setup a 1 second delay when bit depth or frequency is changing on the Aries side, the time for the DAC to adapt. I thought it was a new normal behavior because of this setup.

The message appears when I start loading a song or when I skip a song.

Not just Auralic, getting on all my devices. Can’t say I am worried about it, but it was a cause for surprise seeing it

I am only getting it on the device where it is needed because that big system takes a bit to wake up.

Makes a lot of sense but maybe needs some more fine tuning for some use cases.

Its not too long here, in fact maybe a little short as you could easily miss it.

Also getting it on my Auralic G1 and yes it’s annoying it covers the song name

Hi All,

Thanks for the reports here, this change is just a visual notification, so it shouldn’t affect the actual playback start speed:

For the users experiencing this issue and playback actually starts sooner, can you please reproduce this issue and let us know the exact local time + date + track + DAC you saw the behavior on? Does playback start within 1 second or less?

Hi Noris,
you are right, it is just a notification and does not affect the playback, however it is just annoying.

I could tell you any date, time and track, because the message occurs every time when I either start a new track/album/playlist or skip to another track. My DAC is an AudioNet DNC.
The playback starting time has not changed at all. It depends on the circumstances. It is lasting longer, if the sample frequency has to be changed by DAC, otherwise the music starts within about one up to three seconds, I would say two seconds on average from eg. pressing skip to the moment, the counter starts again.

Suggestion: if this is a new feature in 571 and maybe helpful for users with different setups, just give us the opportunity to switch this specific notification on/off in the settings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Time 23:47 PDT. Track: I made the Law (NoGhost). Auralic Aries G2, Connected to Vega G2.
Track starts almost immediately 1sec or less, yet I see this message pop-up no matter what.
Thanks.
Xavier

1 Like

Thanks for the timestamp @Xavier_Pinto, I’ve activated diagnostics mode for your Core and what this action does is automatically upload a log set for analysis. Let me get the report over to the team for closer inspection!

Right now, 11h20 French time. Message appears when start playing a Qobuz album and then skip to the next songs. ROCK is installed on a NUC, streamer is ARIES G1 in Wi-Fi. Never had any problem with this setup before the last update.

Hope this will help.

1 Like

Thanks for that information @Phil_Active_Audio!
I’ve also submitted your report to the team.

Hello all,

Wanted to provide an update: We’re able to reproduce this behavior in the QA lab and working on a fix. This fix may occur in a client update or in a server-side background update, we’ll be sure to keep the thread updated.

-John

1 Like

Hello John,
thank´s for the information. The issue has obviously been solved now. No error message anymore regarding my Auralic Aries Femto, unless it is a real error.

BR Michael