Error "Not Loged In" on QNAP NAS when updating to firmware QTS 5.1.0.2444 [Tracking]

Sorry for the delay because of my vacation.

I don’t have an "Ambulance"button. In the Helpdesk app on the Qnap I downloaded the log file so hopefully this is the file you are looking for.

The question is how do I upload this log (zip) file?

Hey @Willem_Flink, you can use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thanks!

Hello,

I uploaded the log files.

Best regards,

Willem.

Hi @Willem_Flink,

Thanks for sending those over! Typically, there is a file included in the log package called RoonOnNAS.log.txt that we didn’t see in your zip.

Could you please try to send it over again, or if you discarded that file, re-upload just that file?

Thanks so much!

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I submitted the entire file including the missing log file again.

Best regards,

Willem.

Read here:

1 Like

Hi @Willem_Flink,

I’d like to triple-check to see if the below may be applicable to you:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-cant-open-on-nas/250464/13#:~:text=I%20completely%20uninstalled%20Roon%20on%20the%20NAS%2C%20I%20enabled%20again%20the%20%E2%80%9Cadmin%E2%80%9D%20account%20and%20then%20I%20reinstalled%20Roon.%20The%20core%20is%20working%20and%20the%20control%20panel%20is%20opening%20as%20expected%3A

To confirm, if you completely uninstalled Roon on the NAS, and again enable the “admin” account followed by reinstalling Roon, does the control panel open as expected? The reason I ask is we’re seeing a few similar cases from other NAS users who have been able to follow the above steps to get access to the control panel.

We’re still investigating things further, but in the meantime, this would be good to know. Thank you! :pray:

Hi,

I also had a unused QNAP. So on this unused QNAP I installed the Roon Server as a fresh install using the (renamed) admin account and I got the same result. Again, thsi was en fres install on a never before used QNAP.

Best regards,
WIllem.

Hi,

Maybe you can tell me what you mean bij “completely” uninstall, because I uninstalled ROON and installed it again without deleting de data on the QNAP. That made things even worse because I now I am not able to play any music anymore.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Willem.

After upgrading the firmware of my QNAP to the latest version, I encountered the error “Roon QNAP Not logged in!” when trying to run the Roon server. Later, I found out that QNAP may have changed the security login mode for accounts, leading to this bug. The current solution is to re-enable the default admin account and reinstall Roon while logged into the admin account’s environment. If needed, you can reconfigure the connection to your previous Roon server data directory. The issue persists when using other account names, even if they have admin privileges, so we must wait for Roon’s official software update to address this problem.

I can confirm @Freeman_Morgan theory, as I’m experiencing the same behavior, with the same partial solution.

I’m experiencing the same issue on a QNAP 453D, firmware QTS 5.1.0.2466 and the last update of the Roon core:

It was working fine with the previous QNAP firmware so it is probably something related to the last version of the NAS firmware.

Even though the control panel of Roon is not working, the library is fine and I can listen to music on all my devices.

Hi @Alessandro_Mazzega,

I’ve split your reply into its own thread for proper visibility. If you can, please fill out the necessary system info below:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Here’s the requested details:

Roon Core Machine

QNAP 453D NAS, CPU Intel Celeron J4123 2,7 Ghz, RAM 8 GB
Firmware 5.1.1

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear router connected through Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

PC connected through Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

The admin panel of the Roon Core installed on the NAS is not accessible, because it returns a “Not logged in!” error message - screenshot in the first post

Hey @Alessandro_Mazzega,

Thanks for the additional info! Let’s test whether the same issue occurs on a fresh database. Steps to follow below:

• Stop RoonServer from running in ROCK’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your ROCK’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Roon database folder
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

I’ll be on standby for your reply. Thanks! :+1:

Hello!

I followed the instruction that you provided, recreating a new database but it actually didn’t work and the server keeps reporting the same error:

Add images

Anything else that I can try?

Thank you.

Hey @Alessandro_Mazzega,

Thanks for the update! As a next step, could you please try to completely uninstall Roon and then perform a fresh reinstall as admin within your NAS?

Thanks!

This installation is actually already fresh!

I recently added two SSDs to my NAS and I took advantage of that to start from scratch: I saved my data on an external USB disk, I restored to factory default settings the NAS, formatted all the disks and SSDs and them installed Roon on the SSDs, along with the music library.

So, I honestly don’t think that perform a fresh reinstall would chance anything, unfortunately.

And you did this logged in as user “admin”? Just asking because in the only case a user was able to resolve the issue he reported:

I did that not with the default “admin” user but with a user with admin credentials, as the default admin user is one of the first thing that I disable in order to enhance the security of my NAS.

Could it that a problem? The user I’m using is in the admin group anyway, event it is not called “admin”.