Error: Unable to Connect NAS Share in Roon Catalog (ref#RX9Q08)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· I'm having trouble adding music to my library

Describe the issue

I have a new NAS. I cant get my files into my Roon catalog.

I get the error message - could not connect with share: host not found. my server address - smb://SteveNas._smb._tcp.local/Music/Music

Start by changing your smb:// to an IP address AND don’t try to include any folder in the path until prompted.

Let us fellow forum folks know what happens and we can try to help you from there.

Entered IP address in both options “Add network share” and “new folder”. Neither worked. Still “music not available”> Also I can’t make the Everyone acess setting stay on read and write - it instantly goes to no access. Tried to forcepermissions change via BatchMod app, still no good…using Synology NAS…went in there and checked permissions there…so no obvious issues.

Are you running Roon on NAS or just using your NAS as storage?

Roon is running on a NUC. NAS has music files, nothing else. I’ve been trying to get the Music file permission changed to everyone read and write, but it won’t change…What about this workaround - make a new folder in the NAS, check permissions, if read and write move ALL music files to this folder and try to add it to my storage folders? It’s definitely a permissions issue…

More info - it is so odd that I can access one of the two music folders on my NAS, but not the other, all due to permission issues. Even tried the MAC app BatChmod to change permissions, but even that did not work…

Hi @Steven_Stone,

Thanks for writing in and my apologies for the delay in getting to your thread! I wanted to check in and see if you were still having issues with permissions?

If so, I’m curious - what if you attempt to connect one subfolder earlier, so it would be SteveNas._smb._tcp.local/Music

Do you still experience the same issue?

You are likely correct here, but I’m confident we can get things sorted out!

Hello Benjamin,

Solved it.

Synology permission issue…spend several hours going through every setting….

Found a second permission area way down in the menus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.