Error while loading database - Roon shows when starting

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Don’t know since it does not start.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Asus ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
None, just server.

Description Of Issue
Error while loading database - Roon shows when starting

well at least you should know what the hardware is and what OS its using… that would help support some way.

have you restarted the machine?

done anything recently like a software update?

PC with AMD Ryzen running on latest Windows 10 patch. No changes, apart from ordinary Windows updates.

Just stopped to respond one day.

Restarted the PC - same problem.

Reinstalled Roon - same problem.

Do you have a backup of your database?

No, and I don’t really have anything valuable. I can just rescan the library. If only Roon UI would show. But it is stuck one the error message.

You could rename the roon or roonserver database folder and it should recreate it

1 Like

If you don’t have anything you want to preserved, then you might as well restart from scratch.

A message indicating an error while loading the database usually indicates a corrupted Roon library.

Once you get set up again, consider scheduling library backups.

Hello @Marcin_Szymankiewicz, my apologies for the trouble here. wizard has a good suggestion here, if you rename your database to roon_old and try to start Roon do you see better results?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

I just deleted the database, restarted roon and it has rebuilt the database. Everything is back to normal. I have however, this time, setup a backup routine for the database.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.