ETA for Android app? [Android app was released already]

I tried on my Samsung Galaxy Note edge, Android 4.4.4, but the Play store says that my device is not compatible. I don’t mind if the screen is small & squashed, it is high resolution. Roon on large smart phones is really needed.

Carlos, you should be able to sideload the APK from the link on the downloads page. With the stylus you may be able to make a go of the interface on your phone but it will be cramped. I do agree that a phone based app for play controls would be nice.

1 Like

Thanks Kevin - Just tried what you suggested; it worked !!! - I downloaded the APK file from the downloads page, and it works well.
Yes it is cramped, but with the phone’s stylus, it is useable, and good for people that are itching to try controlling a core from our phones.

Any news on the android phone app?

We do have a phone app currently in alpha testing. Hoping to release soon, but not before it’s ready :wink:

Is the Android phone app planned to be a player as well? So that one could stream music (possibly with reduced quality to reduce required bandwidth) from the server at home while on the go over VPN?