Ethernet "treatment"?

On this one, I thought I saw Brian and Danny mention they’ve seen these experiments during their time at Meridian on the effects of RFI in the home.

and

and

I really don’t know enough but I do trust that they trusted the experiments they saw at Meridian enough.

So if RFI in the home can affect a DAC’s performance or analogue components performance (depending on how it itself is shielded/rejects RFI by design) I wonder again, if the RFI shielding/rejection of the ethernet cable going into a DAC may (or may not) explain why ethernet cables may sound different (depending on how they shield/reject RFI)?

For those that are lucky enough to own Meridian loudspeakers you don’t need to worry - they are expertly designed and tested to shield/reject RFI but for the rest of us (myself included) I wonder if it may depend on the shielding/RFI rejection of your DAC and analogue components etc, as to whether the amount the RFI picked up by digital cables may (or may not) cause interference inside the DAC and result in different digital cables sounding different.

Again, I only point to the Meridian experience linked above (real world noise in the home) as a way to possibly consider why ethernet cables may sound different (again, maybe due to their shielding/RFI rejection designs varying from cable to cable).

So I do respect those that have heard differences in digital cables because there are plausible reasons (see the links above for the comments about testing at Meridian). And again, just to be clear, I’m not discussing RFI affecting the digital data itself here.

Again, I don’t know :cry: but it’s interesting stuff

I do remember hearing my old Blackberry next to my speaker some years ago :scream: