Every time I start Roon on the core Mac mini, it exits a couple seconds after launching

@support
** Core machine is a Mac mini 2018 running macOS Mojave 10.14.6.
Mac mini is an Intel Core i5 3 GHz with 16 GB RAM**

**Network Details: Mac mini is on GB Ethernet directly connected to my Eero router

• BlueSound Node 2i is on the same Ethernet network (no WiFi in the data path)
  • iTunes Library is watched on on iMac Late 2013 that is on the same Ethernet Network.
  • Setup has been rock solid since it was set up about 8 months ago

Issue started while adding Qobuz to Roon, Roon exited while reindexing the library and has not been able to start fully since.

Hi @Steve_2019,

Can you please upload the logs to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and post a link here? Please be sure to turn on “sharing by link”, instructions on how to do so for Dropbox can be found here and for Google Drive can be found here.

Thanks!

Hi @Dylan, one think I do not understand.
My Room logs contain personally identifyable information, a Dropbox link posted here is open to everyone.

Please clarify,

Thanks

Hi @Steve_2019,

You can send the link in a Private Message to me here on the site which will not be publicly visible.

@Dylan, please confirm that you were able to pick up the logs, and provide an update on the issue.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi @Steve_2019,

Apologies for the delay here. I looked at this with the team and we see that Roon is stopping when it is trying to download artwork for a specific album, Lover by Taylor Swift. Was this album recently added to your library? If you remove it from you library (or if it was added in TIDAL or Qobuz, if you remove it from your favorites there) is there any change?

Can you confirm the amount of free space that you have available on the drive where your Roon database is located?

@Dylan, I have deleted the album from my streaming services, I do not have a local copy.
There was no change in behaviour.
There is ~205 GB Free space on the system drive where the Roon database is located.

Thanks, @Steve_2019.

Next, we are hoping you can open Console.app (this is part of mac os x. You can command-spacebar and then type “console” to find it).

Then go into the “User Reports” section, and see if you can find any Roon crashes in there that match up with one of the crashes.

Send us over a report and the team can take a look.

Thanks!

@Dylan, there were no aligning reports.
I have done a clean re-install and will rebuild my Library with the knowledge I have gained.

Thanks for your help.

A post was split to a new topic: Problem starting Mac OS after last update

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.