Experiencing Frequent Dropouts

@support I’m deciding if to buy roon, on trial now. Experiencing frequent music dropouts, seem related to anything I do on Chrome, or when I’m not using the computer, no apps running but Roon. Otherwise I love it. iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015). 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5. 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
one remote running on Samsung tablet, zone is Apple TV 4k, all ethernet connections via switch, Airport Express router.

Hi @Patrick_Putman ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, to help aide in our understanding of this behavior you are reporting may I very kindly ask you for the following:

• Can you please verify where your musical collection is being stored/accessed from? Additionally, please also confirm how big your library is based on number of tracks (approximately).

• Does TIDAL content exhibit the same behavior?

• Besides the mentioned Airport Express router and switch are there any other networking devices in play or are these the only two items? Furthermore, please provide the make and model of the switch being implemented.

• If you have the means to do so have you been able to verify how your audio zones function outside of Roon?

• Based on your post it sounds like you are experiencing these dropouts when you are streaming to the Apple TV, have you verified what the experience is like when you try to play audio from Roon via the internal speakers on the iMac?

• Does rebooting your core machine and/or endpoint yield any changes in behavior?

• Do you notice any patterns in behavior when this issue occurs? For example, do you experience dropouts with all sample rates OR just some?

-Eric