External Source Control Missing since 1.5 Build 354

Hi @support it seems the External Source control option is no longer showing up in the ui since the latest update.

Possibly related to:

Looks like all extensions are having an issue. All mine keep crashing.

Hi @CrystalGipsy ---- Thank you for the post and sharing this observation you have made with us. Very appreciated!

Moving forward, I wanted to touch base with you and see if any progress has been made here regarding this behavior. I know it was suggested here to restart the extensions and also an update went out which was mentioned in the same thread. Have either of these helped?

Let us know and if further troubleshooting is required we’ll be glad to help. Thanks!
-Eric

Don’t worry this is all sorted now. The extensions being used needed to be updated to latest SDK for this week’s release. That’s done and all good again. So please close this ticket.

2 Likes

Just as FYI for the Roon folks:

I have a suspicions that this may be related to the switch over from the old volume and source control behaviour to the now current behaviour for multi-control extensions as I made this switch over quite some time ago (long before the SDK update).
I suspect that old control registrations may have got orphaned in Roon and further suspect that because @CrystalGipsy uninstalled and resinstalled completely resulting in a new pairing token, that effectively he is now running a clean setup and that Roon has had an opportunity to fully remove these orphaned controls.

While I rushed out an update to move to the new SDK as a just-in-case, I do not actually believe this fixed the problem and feel it is more likely that the uninstall/reinstall resulted in the required cleanup given the change history.

Possibly related:
I have often noticed source controls for removed extension still being displayed in the list against ‘Add source control’ in device settings. I fix this normally with load defaults which seems to serve as a useful reset most of the time, but unfortunately not in Simon’s case until he removed and re-added the extension.

With the latest build from today nothing seems to get it working anymore. I have deleted completely off nas, reset all my audio end points. Also the updater somtimes works, sometimes doesn’t .

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.