Extremely slow performance on Nucleus, flaky extension search

Arrgh. I don’t know what’s happened now, but here’s my Roon as of this morning (you tell me how I could have albums that were added while still having nothing and needing to “add music”):

Is there any chance you guys could SSH in or something and see what the heck is going on here?

Hi @David_Nanian,

This is odd behavior indeed! Taking a look at your account now, I see that your Nucleus has about 185k tracks in its current library - are you still seeing the above issue?

We can certainly enable diagnostics on your Nucleus and take another look. I do see a handful of network based errors:

Are you able to temporarily able to simplify your network setup at all? If the Ubiquiti Unifi USW-Lite-16 is a managed switch, it would be good to at minimum to get your Nucleus hardwired directly to your router - bypassing the switch for now.

Let me know! :+1:

No, that’s not possible - the router has a single port, which feeds this switch. Honestly, the switch is fine, and it or its equivalent has been in place throughout my multi-year Roon journey.

Note that I do occasionally change my network setup due to needing to do some testing for my own products. It’s quite likely any “network errors” you’ve seen are that, because my network is extremely stable…

The 0-tracks issue resolved a few hours later. I have no idea what was going on, since you can see that it said “0” tracks but also showed actual albums in the library.

Hey @David_Nanian,

Thanks for the update - I’m glad to hear your stats are back in order. We have a potential fix currently running on our early access build that may help with your performance issues.

You can test things out by migrating over to early access, or wait a few more days before we fully release the update.

Good to know! However, pending this update, if you continue to experience slowness, it would be good to temporarily simplify your setup as much as possible to rule out any outside artifacts completely.

Here’s more info on updating to Early Access, if there’s interest: