"Failed to initialize the audio device" error

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/ Roon build number)
Desktop -6384679 192.168.0.4 Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Network: Core PC Computer Win 10 with Chord Qutest via ethernet cable to mini PC (ACEPC, also running Win 10) to Topping D50 DAC. All music is ripped from CD and stored in Core. I don’t use streaming services.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Core computer uses dedicated:" Matrix audio Element H" dedicated USB audio card connected by USB to Qutest DAC-

Description Of Issue
I get this error

”Failed to Initialize audio Device"

JRIver works fine. Computer sounds work fine. Roon doesn’t work at all.

I am using Windows Defender. I had another antivirus program previously, and Roon worked OK, but I have experienced this problem before, with that other antivirus programs.

I checked the list of software that was allowed thru the firewall and all versions of RAAT and Roon are allowed through Public and Private.

Presently Roon is not working on the core setup, or the remote setup, which is connected by ethernet cable.

Everything was working fine for several months.
None of the hardware has changed.

(Question: Under setup - Configure Roon Devices, How long are you supposed to run this? It would be an improvement if it were to end at some point, and beep or something.)

Hi @Robert_Imhoff,

Around the time when this happened were there any changes at all, maybe a Windows update?

Can you try uninstalling / reinstalling the drivers for the USB audio card? Is there any change after doing so?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.