False definition of static network address for the ROCK

ROCK Roon OS 1.0 (build 175) on a NUC8i7BEH newly installed and still in the process of setting everything up. then I started with remote access over Android and Windows and found the ROCK with a dynamic IP. I wanted the give it a static and entered for that 192.162.1.61 255.255.255.0 submask 192.168.1.1 gateway and then for the DNS 1195.186.4.162 (this I found on my router). since then the ROCK is searching for the network adress and cannot be found anymore by Windows or Android.

@support: what shall I do?

Homenetwork with a standard router from the Internet Service Provider. the \rock over ethernet conneected to the network

Christoph

I think you need to change the DNS address. The default would be the same as your gateway (192.168.1.1), but you can also explicitly set it to be an external DNS server address such as Google (8.8.8.8) or Cloudflare (1.1.1.1)

Hi @ChBuenger,

Welcome to the forum! Can you please let me know if you are still able to access the ROCK Web UI and if so share a screenshot of this page?

no I can not access the ROCK over the the Web UI!!

image|666x500

How / where do I change the DNS adress? with the Web UI or the Android app I can not reach the ROCK.

Hi @ChBuenger,

Please see here:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.