False focus criteria on album view

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon optimised NUC running Rock

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology RT1900ac connected via ethernet to NUC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

RME Adi2-DAC connected to NUC via USB cable

Description Of Issue

I am resurrecting an unresolved issue I posted ages ago, which the Roon engineers said they couldn’t replicate. I was running a Nimitra server (as Roon core) back then, which was unfairly blamed as the culprit. Now running a new NUC with the same issues… Recap: I have an issue with my two Android Roon remote devices: I select an album via album view, start playing it, minimise the app, and when the music has finished, I reopen the app but get a blank screen. The back button does nothing, and selecting album view again gives me a blank screen, with an error message saying remove some focus criteria - but I have not used any focus criteria.

As we can now be sure that the Roon core is not the issue, the ball is firmly back in your court, guys.

Hi Vaughan,

Not Support, just a helpful fellow user.

Can you detail the remote devices ( are you still using the Tab S3?), the Core, and the network (including the WiFi implementation) for Support.

First device is a Samsung Tab S3 running Android 9. Second device is a Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android 10. NUC is a NUC7I5DNHE with 32GB RAM and a 250GB M.2 NVMe drive. Not sure what you mean about the wifi implementation - just connected to the router via 2.4 or 5 GHz bands. Same issue either way.

And the local music library is stored on the NUC’s internal SSD drive. (I have Tidal albums in my library too, but this issue predates my Tidal subscription.)

What is the router? Some routers need some settings modified as detailed in the Roon Network Faq. And some like the Apple Airport Express or Extreme just need to be replaced.

It’s at the top of this thread: Synology RT1900ac.

Got it, saw Synology and my brain went NAS. Did you look at the link I posted, in it Roon mentions the following for the 1600, I"d look and see if similar setting(s) don’t exist in the 1900.

We recommend enabling “IGMP Proxying” and/or “IGMP Snooping”

Ok, cool. I will experiment with that tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

So I’ve tried that and it didn’t help. Now switched to another router (Asus), and tried that with (and without) the multicast setting enabled - same issue persists. Pretty sure now that the problem isn’t at my end.

Hey @Vaughan_Barnacle,

Thanks so much for keeping in touch and sharing details about what seems to be a persisting issue. I’m sorry about the trouble!

I know it’s been a long wait so far (and I am so sorry), but I am hoping you can bear with us a little while longer :bear: . One of our technicians will be with you as soon as possible.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.