FATAL ERROR On Startup

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Imac 27 inch 2017, 3.4 GHz Quad Core i5. OSX 11.0.1 BigSur. Roon 1.7 Build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Dragonfly RED (USB), Arcam AV40 (network).

*Description Of Issue

Since upgrading to Big Sur, I get a FATAL ERROR from Roon on startup (Roon is tagged as an auto start, login item in settings). Today this was the error message:

FATAL ERROR
Win32 IO Returned 997. Path /Applications/Roon.app/contents/resources/ui_atlas@2x.spc.

If I accept this error and then start Roon from the desktop, all is OK.

Hoping this can be resolved.

Apologies for the trouble here, @Howard_Seward!

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? We’ll take a look and see what might be happening here.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,
Link to logs here

trust this is what you are after.
Howard

Hi @Howard_Seward,

That didn’t seem to work for me. Can you try uploading them here instead? Thanks! https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/5dHjIc9h8Pv-LVTzf

Done
Howard

1 Like

Hi, I’ve upload a screenshot of another startup FATAL error

Hi, so this morning first I get the Win32 FATAL error and then when restarting Roon from the desktop I get the FATAL error as posted to your drive above.
In short I can’t start Roon now.

Please respond to acknowledge.

Hi @Howard_Seward,

Can you try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it on this device?

Thanks!

You mean re install Roon the core ? . What about all my database, etc ?
That seems like a lot of work, not happy to do that.

Hi @Howard_Seward,

Uninstalling just the app won’t cause you to lose your database. We recommend also making a backup before doing this, just as an extra precaution. Having a good backup strategy in general is definitely something we recommend to make sure that you don’t have to worry about losing your database for any reason.

You can learn more about backups here:

OK, I’ll give it ago, see how it goes.

Hi, Roon app deleted and re installed, I’ll see what hapens next.

Hi @Howard_Seward,

Just wanted to check in on this. Has everything worked okay since the reinstall?

Hi Dylan,

yes stable so far. I’d be interested in knowing what the issue was out of curiosity.

Typical, just posted the above and then on restart I get a FATAL Error Again :frowning:

@dylan
Persistent FATAL Errors (many different messages) now reappearing. Any progress please ?
Howard

Hi @Howard_Seward,

Were you able to run the Disk Utility mentioned here:

Hi @dylan,

I ran the First Aid utility this morning on all the Mac disks, no errors reported.
Roon started, but very slowly, perhaps this was because I last accessed a large playlist on Qobuz ?

I’ve also zipped all the logs if you would like a copy of these.
Regards
Howard

Can you send these over in a shared Dropbox link (or any other sharing service link)? Thanks!

We tried this before, however, here is the link: