Fatal Error OpenGL 3.0 or higher is required on Macbook Pro Running

Roon Core Machine

Synology DS920+, INTEL Celeron J4125, 12 GB RAM, Roonserver version 20220216

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Combination of WIFI and Ethernet. Core is connected using Ethernet.

Connected Audio Devices

Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 using Roon Endpoint option.

Number of Tracks in Library

25.000 tracks

Description of Issue

On my Macbook pro Roon is not starting or it takes a very long time before it starts. If it doesn’t start it end up with an Fatal Error

Details of my Macbook Pro

This problem started after the last Roon update.

Hello @Faxe ,

Are you accessing the Mac through remote control software or through a monitor attached to the Mac?

Can you please use these instructions to access your Roon logs and upload a set here and let us know once uploaded? Thanks!

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Files have been uploaded. I am not using remote control software or a monitor attached to my Mac.

Hi @Faxe ,

I am not seeing anything too interesting in your RoonServer logs. The error would likely be contained in your regular Roon (Not RoonServer) logs folder. Do you have any log files there? If so, can you send those over too, please?

Where are the logfiles stored at my macbook?

Thanks for the help but there are no logfiles stored in the folder that is mentioned in the help center.

Are you looking in the right place? The Roon folder should be in the Library folder…

There is no folder called Roon in my Library (Bibliotheek in dutch) folder.

Your screenshot shows you opening the app bundle, not the Library folder. You can open the correct folder like this:

Inside, you’ll see a Roon folder:

Containing the Logs folder:

1 Like

Got acces to the Roon folder now. Uploaded the log files.

1 Like

Hi @Faxe ,

I checked the logs you sent and it looks like some kind of Display Link adapter is being detected by Roon. Do you use any such display adapter to connect to your monitors? If so, can you please provide model/manufacturer details and a link to the device?

I am only using my macbook pro and no further adapters and or external monitors.

Fellow user here. Can you check if you happen to have any DisplayLink software installed? Don’t know how that could have happened, but be sure.

At the software company I work at, we had endless problems in the past with DisplayLink drivers breaking DirectX on Windows (which is a very similar thing as OpenGL on Mac)

I don’t think I am using DisplayLink Software. These are the programs I have installed at my macbook

Aandelen
Agenda
App Store
Automator
Contacten
dBpoweramp Music Converter
Dictafoon
Discord
Dropbox
FaceTime
Firefox
Foto’s
Fotolader
FreeYourMusic
GarageBand
Garmin Express
Google Chrome
HDtracksDownloader
Herinneringen
HueAndTheMenu
Hulpprogramma’s
Kaarten
Keynote
KPN Veilig
Launchpad
Lettertypecatalogus
Mail
Messenger
Microsoft Excel
Microsoft OneNote
Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft PowerPoint
Microsoft Word
Mission Control
Muziek
Nikon Software
Notities
Numbers
OBS
OneDrive
Pages
Paint S
Photo Booth
Plaknotities
Podcasts
ProtonVPN
Python 3.9
Qobuz
QuickTime Player
Rekenmachine
REW
Roon
RoonServer
Safari
Sauce for Strava™
Schaken
Siri
Spotify
Synology Drive Client
Systeemvoorkeuren
TeamViewer
Teksteditor
Thonny
TIDAL
Time Machine
TV
VLC
Voorvertoning
WhatsApp
Woning
Woordenboek
Zenfolio Uploader
Zoek mijn

Hi @Faxe ,

Thanks for that list.

When the issue occurs do you have OBS running? I wonder if OBS is creating some sort of virtual display when using a screen capture function?

I was not using OBS when the problem occurs. Since the last Roon update it seems like the problem is gone. I haven’t got the Fatal Error and Roon is starting quick again.

1 Like

Hi @Faxe ,

Thanks for the update. I asked the team to review the logs you sent, but they were inconclusive. Should you encounter this issue again please send us a new log set of your Mac Roon logs immediately after getting the OpenGL error. Hopefully, the issue won’t reoccur, but in case it does the additional context leading up to the error may help, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.