Favorite Qobuz Playlist within Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

i3 and i7 Windows 10, Build 571

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Mixture Wifi, Cat 6, Netgear GS108

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

SOtM SMS-200 Neo → USB DAC (April Eximus DP1)

Description Of Issue

In Qobuz I can favorite a playlist and eventually it appears in “My Qobuz”. But I cannot see a way of doing it the other way round. In the “Overview / Qobuz / Recommended Playlists” I cannot see how to favorite them so I can add them to My Qobuz list of playlists. Is this possible?

Hello @Tony_Casey, this is a great question! If you’re talking about the heart icon in Roon, that feature is specifically for use in Roon. Let me know if you have any other questions about this feature!

No it’s a one way street only.

I don’t really understand what you mean. I am in roon and I would like to favorite something. Do you mean that sometimes within roon you can favorite something but sometimes when you are in roon you cannot favorite something?

You can only favourite things if you have added them to your roon library.
https://kb.roonlabs.com/What’s_the_difference_between_albums_in_my_library_and_albums_outside_of_my_library%3F

Then I am using the wrong word.

What I meant to say is how can I add a Qobuz playlist to my library either from “My Qobuz” or “Overview / Recommended Qobuz Playlists”.

I can, however, add a Qobuz album via either of these routes.

Ah I get you.
It goes back to the crack handed way roon does “library/not library”.
If you were in the Qobuz app and liked a playlist then it would show in roon. That’s the easiest way to do it.
Once you are in roon, as far as I know, the only way to get one of the displayed playlists so you can see it listed in your playlists is to use “add to a playlist” and create a new roon playlist.
As in my Tidal below.

It’s actually quite hard to do it that way (when you start from roon). That’s really why I am asking.

In roon, the Qobuz playlist is tiled with whatever roon finds associated with the first track in the Qobuz playlist. Whereas Qobuz uses completely different general playlist tiles (BTW, of much higher resolution, quality, layout, cropping etc. etc.) than roon uses.

Now if you try and find the playlist in Qobuz so you can heart it (so it shows up in roon) that is very difficult because there are no visual cues you can use to match with what you started with in roon whilst scrolling through piles of playlists.

So, I am finding, I can’t do what I really want to do in roon which is add a Qobuz playlist to my library, and unless you have the patience of Jove, then the workaround is borderline unusable. I must admit that I am finding this accumulation of niggling usability issues, particularly with streaming integration very wearying.

I’d might have noticed your fatigue in your posts which often have a certain tone :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.