Intel NUC i5, OS Version 1.0 (build 259) production

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ubiquity Dream Machine Pro, Ubiquity USW-Lite Pro PoE, no VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Connected to Moon 280D - MiND2 Streaming Module with Ethernet cable

Number of Tracks in Library

17160 Tracks

Description of Issue

I’ve been using Roon and Tidal for years. For a longer time now I have the problem that all previous favorites (hearts) of individual songs on an entire album are suddenly no longer available for inexplicable reasons.

This error always occurs unexpectedly and, as described, affects the evaluation of individual songs in an entire album. So far I haven’t been able to understand why the previously set favorites (hearts) are suddenly missing and I couldn’t see any regularity in this error. Most of the time, when I play an album I added to Roon after a longer time, I accidentally discover that all favorites (hearts) of songs in the album are missing.

I don’t have to mention how unpleasant and time-consuming it is to re-evaluate all the songs within an affected album.

I don’t know if the problem is with Tidal or Roon, it also makes no difference to me.

Does anyone have an idea why the favorites (hearts) are disappearing?

1 Like

I’ve experienced this too.

I’ve been a Roon user since the start & it’s becoming increasingly annoying that Bands / Albums / Tracks that I’ve most definitely liked have lost this ‘rating’ over time.

It must be some kind of Library data corruption, but it’s curious that it’s only this ‘item’ of data that goes missing…

1 Like

I would appreciate it if anyone - maybe from ROON - would help to resolve this issue! No one has an idea? I am thankful for every help…

The support queue is quite long and it can take a week or two until official support gets to your topic. They are perpetually understaffed.

I have no idea what’s going on, so not of help here.

You are sure, that in the case of missing heart symbols you are browsing the local version of the album/song?

1 Like

As I mentioned in my Thread, the songs with the missing favorites (hearts) are songs from Tidal albums that I added to Roon.

I’ve never tracked it myself but I wonder if these are re-licensed tracks. Tidal delete instances of albums and replace them with new versions due to licensing changes. The affected tracks dissapear if they are in playlists and are marked as unavailable in Roon so wonderi g if the same thing happens to favourites.

My problems are with my (ripped) files on my NAS, not streamed / cloud-based files.

I see I was being too optimistic with my two weeks guess until support rolls up

Hi @rolski, @Gerald_Hans_Fessl,

Thank you for your patience as we worked through the queue to reach your inquiry.

Can you please provide the name of an affected local and/or Tidal album, depending on whether streaming/local tracks are affected in your specific case?

If it’s a local album, please also upload it here at your convenience for our QA team: Uploader

Hello Connor,

first thanks for your reply!

Again the description of issue:

„I’ve been using Roon and Tidal for years. For a longer time now I have the problem that all previous favorites (hearts) of individual songs on an entire album are suddenly no longer available for inexplicable reasons.

This error always occurs unexpectedly and, as described, affects the evaluation of individual songs in an entire album. So far I haven’t been able to understand why the previously set favorites (hearts) are suddenly missing and I couldn’t see any regularity in this error. Most of the time, when I play an album I added to Roon after a longer time, I accidentally discover that all favorites (hearts) of songs in the album are missing.

I don’t have to mention how unpleasant and time-consuming it is to re-evaluate all the songs within an affected album.

I don’t know if the problem is with Tidal or Roon, it also makes no difference to me.“

As you requested, I am sending you some albums from TIDAL that I have had in my library for a long time. I also rated (hearts) individual songs in these albums. For some inexplicable reason, the rating of these songs disappeared. Local albums are not affected by the issues:

Air - Moon Safari
Monster Magnet - Powertrip
Massive Attack - Blue Lines (2012 Mix/Master)
Moderat - II

Best regards,

Gerald

Hi @Gerald_Hans_Fessl

I haven’t verified everything on the list you sent, but at least one album you mentioned, Powertrip by Monster Magnet, was originally distributed by A&M. A&M has been defunct for nearly a decade, and their holdings have been jointly managed by UMG, Verve, and Interscope. It’s almost certain that what you’re seeing is a downstream effect of the distributor network feeding Tidal’s library.

So, @ged_hickman1 is unfortunately correct - it’s the nature of the streaming industry that licensing causes Album objects to be replaced silently within a streaming service catalog. Songs are removed and re-added, deleting any library associations.

That this does not occur with your local albums, and only on streaming services, further corroborates our finding.

This thread will close, but if you ever encounter this with a local file, please create a new topic thread and we will investigate.