Featured artist on the Rap landing page is a photo of Status Quo! They couldn't be less Rap

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Is the album identified in Roon?

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Welcome to the Roon community, @Michael_Rigby.

If you scroll down to Albums in your library, are Quo listed or featuring?

Typically, the image is derived from your library, and sometime poor metadata for a release can make things go awry.

This is what I see …

There was some discussion about things like this here, with some explanations by Roon staff:

And here is a similar still-open thread:

It isn’t a specific album, rather a genre. I haven’t made any edits to the content which is from local files.

These are the import settings.

Yes, but the image is derived from content in your library. For instance, I see David Lindley for Latin because El Rayo-X is tagged Latin. I’d rather see Bueno Vista Social Club as the genre photo

As per the other threads, a single very popular album that carries a tag (even if wrongly) can sway the algorithm, apparently even if it’s not in the library. I had Lady Gaga as the poster child of Roots Rock and Americana, apparently because she appeared on a popular sound track that had these genres among lots of others

It is very funny though :grinning:

lads you’re doing a great job at explaining but quite possibly confusing a trial member.

@Michael_Rigby the simple answer is that Roon does not get everything correct, it’s a slave to metadata, some of which is poor. Sometimes however it does something like this which is quite hard to explain and one would imagine possible to counter by a coding a slightly better algorithm in the time it takes to explain the existing one!

Mind you once you accept the odd glaring metadata derived error it’s a great product and sure it just goes to show that AI has a fair bit to travel when it comes to music!

.sjb

Thanks everyone and John B in particular.

Understood and although it’s early doors, I am thoroughly impressed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.