Feedback Roon 2.0 Build 1401

A little surprised that b.1401 initiated a “rescan” of my whole library?

Will try out the folder browser of course, and upon first glance it seems… …predictable…
Which is all good, i might add!

Good work lads and gals!

1 Like

The rescan is because it needs to populate the new folder browser in the database…

I tend to disagree… The paths to my whole library MUST have been there before.
This is something else, in clear text:

Yeah - to extract metadata and artwork for the folder browser…

2 Likes

this is caused by a bug fix related to the changes to improve import/identification performance that were released in build 1392.

4 Likes

Rescan will take a long time BUT…

It seems the long delays, greyed out info, artwork and pictures are fillin it much faster and the whole system becomes usable again.

fingers crossed and if it is indeed the case thank you for fixing those old bugs.

Browsing through folders could benefit from the “alphanumerical index” in my situation:

Plenty subfolders here, but pulling the scroll indicator does not expose a “first letter indicator” like in Album view:

1 Like

What does the octothorpe indicate/sort by in Folder view?

Ah… Of course, not in use, unless there are visible Tracks with track NUMBERS…

Simple: Roon takes over 5 minutes to play anything from either Tidal or Qobuz. Tidal still only plays everything at 16bit/44.1kHz. Update: I reset my Tidal login to stream MAX and the playback was at 24bit/192kHz (the new Mark Knopfler album) but with lots of playback failures. Baby steps I guess.

Please fix. Thank you.

Oh wait I have to put in a support ticket and then wait for an answer, not a fix, but an answer.

I am very, very far from happy.

Sorry, but I think that removing the “Edit” from the three dots menu wasn’t a good idea (on the ohone app) That allowed me to select and permanently delete albums thay I no longer needed…
Actually, I still couldn’t understand how can I delete an entire album, or a selection of albums, using the mobile phone app…

It was never meant to be there, that menu if for large screens only. Did you not notice it cut off most of the screen?

Thanks @Roon_Moderators ( by proxy for Roon IT guys/girls ) for fixing the hi-res playback for tidal.

After a re-log-on of tidal and setting to max its works like a charm. No hiccups on my site ( wired connections)

At the track file information the location and the name of the file are missing. It are the last two items.

1 Like

Strange… It probably depends on the system, because I get this information:

I’m using network locations (on a NAS) with an IP-addres p.e. \\192.168.1.150\music.

It is a bit weird though, because even if the placeholders are blank, you can still “Copy file path” and get something with you.
I occasionally see the same thing, on Windows Core with local storage.

Copy to clipboard gives

/roon/sys/storage/smbmounts/RoonStorage_02f271f0960201e0deb79f276f44d09db71b4e03/Reds, Pinks And Purples, The/Unwishing Well/02 - Learning To Love A Band.flac

It is only not filled on an iPad. On Windows both are filled

Homepods are no longer functioning :hot_face:

Also showing innRoon Remote on Android (14)…