File loading slowly [Solved]

hi;
just purchased DSJ and roon.
roon - file loading slowly - this is a roon problem as i have oppo 105 no problem at all plays dsd , never slow to load , on the same net work, so this is a roon or PS audio DSJ problem. i would say roon.
what can i do about this as roon is to be audiophile hi res , dsd ui , but at the moment it is not . love everything else , but it must be able to load dsd / hi res file , come on.
paul

Hi @paul_osullivan ----- Thank you for the report. To help us understand this issue you are experiencing, could you please provide the following:

1. A brief but accurate description of your setup as here. The more detail you can provide, the better.

2. Please describe your network configuration / topology as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing in your setup. I’d like to get an idea of how your devices are communicating and what tools you are to make those connections possible.

3. Screenshots of your audio settings in Roon.

-Eric

hi thanks for reply.
roon was slow loading dsd file but have all sorted now,
have followed all info on forum and all setting are as should be , streaming up to dsd 68 , no problems
end point is ps audio dsjr which does not support dsd 128 so roon was converting to pcm , and this was the problem.
i have all worked out now and loving roon.
set up is as follows hp proliant server, hp switch, full cat 5 cables thur house to sonos,/ marantz amp and speakers;, oppo 105 / redgum power amp, oppo as preamp and, ps audio DS jr pioneer amp, VAF speaker, waiting for amp up grade here ,as well as pvr, tv home office etc.
roon core is on an old asus laptop i7 16 g ram, samsung pro ssd .
i wish to move roon core to server , but need to upgrade or add ssd for core to go on.
roon is the go , it is great , love it ., i was a bit slow on setting up.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Seeing the following error message while playing back DSD content: “An audio file is loading slowly”