Files have disappeared from Roon library and are not re-imported after scan

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOs X 10.15.7
MacMini late 2012, 2.56 ghz dual core Intel i5. 16gb RAM.
Roon version 1.7 build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All audio files on Synology NAS DS214se drive, connected via ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Wadia 151PowerDAC connected via USB

Description Of Issue

A large majority of my tracks/albums have suddenly disappeared from Roon. After a forced rescan Roon says it has imported 375 tracks out of 65,000+ files scanned (the scan is still in progress). (All of the files were in my library previously.) All files are still on the NAS (nothing has changed on the NAS.)

I assume you will want to look at the logs, so here is the link:

Many thanks!

Hi @Steve_Wolford,

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Audio?

Hi @Steve_Wolford,

I apologize – Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

Have there been any changes to your setup around the time that this started occurring?

No worries. Attached is that screenshot. No changes to the setup in or around this time.

@Steve_Wolford,

Would you kindly do the following:

• Reboot your Core machine
  • Go to Settings > Storage and rescan the folder
  • When you notice the rescan finish, make a note of the time, and reboot your Core once more

Let us know what time the rescan finished and we’ll enable diagnostics to take a closer look.

Thanks!

Dylan, apologies for the long radio silence. It turned out there was an underlying disc failure which required wiping the machine and re-installing everything. I then successfully re-installed my Roon library from backup, so you can close this topic.

Thx

Steve

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.