First concert you ever went to?

1968, Paul Revere and the Raiders, St. Louis. Hendrix was playing Kiel that night, but I chose to see teen pop instead. I was a young fool. :slight_smile:

Man some awesome first concerts! Blondie, Beach Boys, Def Leppard, Pink Floyd!!! Really shows the demographic (I.e. age) of us Roon users!

Cypress Hill - Wolverhampton Civic Hall

Bouncing for 2 hours straight

Dude I met and hung out with Cypress Hill back in 1994. Letā€™s just say they lived up to their reputation. It was a fun yet hazy few hours!

1 Like

Roger Waters on the Radio KAOS tour at Madison Square Garden in 1986. First of hundreds.

1 Like

Excellent! I remember them being supported by Lordā€™s Of The Underground and The Whitehead Brothers.

Bachman Turner Overdrive Headlining with Blue Oyster Cult and Bob Seger Opening up for 6 dollars. Dec. '74.

1 Like

Gary Numan at The Majestic Theatre in Wellington, New Zealand. 1979. I was 14. Staggered by how LOUD it was. Robotic pyramids dancing around on stage.

1 Like

The mighty Lemon Drops Warwick University sometime in the late eighties I think.

Saw UB40 at ā€œLe Palaceā€ in Paris (before it was shut down) in 1980. I was 14. I remember it was a good concert, but a friend of mine got hit in the head with a beer bottle by a skinhead, for not apparent reason. The 1980sā€¦

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wilcwiHcBiY/T8-OH2pufFI/AAAAAAAAxck/VKmwZecbrw0/s1600/UB40_1980_12_06.jpg

1 Like

A few years later (1983) I saw Elvis Costello and Aztec Camera at the Pier in New York. No beer bottles that timeā€¦
http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/images/b/bd/1983-08-07_New_York_ticket.jpg

David Bowie
Melbourne Cricket Ground 1978
Setlist
Supported by The Angels.
The queue to buy tickets to this concert was depicted in the opening scenes of Dogs in Space.

2 Likes

Emerson, Lake and Palmer
International Amphitheater, Chicago, IL, December 1973

It was their ā€œBrain Salad Surgeryā€ tour and the concert was set up to play in quadraphonics. We were lucky to have seats on the main floor, somewhere near the middle. When they reached the end of ā€œKarn Evil 9, 3rd Impressionā€ I witnessed people actually falling over in their seats, something I have never seen in any concert since. For those ELP fans out their familiar with the track, you can imagine why this occurred. I am guessing that the rather thick air was also a contributor.

Brain Salad Surgeryā€¦ Lolā€¦ Sorry I missed out on that era

Ha, Steven, I went to the same tour only in my case it was when ELP came to SoCal. It was also 1973.

My first concert was Jethro Tull in June, 1971 at Red Rocks in Morrison, Colorado. It was the infamous show that prompted the govenor of Colorado to shut down Red Rocks for rock concerts for several years . Ironically, myself and several buddies snuck in and hid all day in a semi-cave on the south side of the venue, charging into the seating area to the cheers of hundreds of people scattered all over the rocks!

Iā€™ve always wanted to go to a concert at Red Rocks after seeing the U2 video for Sunday Bloody Sunday.

November 1992, ā€˜Genesis - We Canā€™t Dance Tourā€™ in that well known music venue of Earls Court, London.

You need to make Red Rocks a Bucket List event. Best outdoor venue for a concert in the US hands down. I live on the east coast and always heard about Red Rocks, finally made it out there in 2002, then again for the next 2 years. If youā€™re in the area go, doesnā€™t matter who is playing, go. You wonā€™t be disappointed, well by the venue at least.

1 Like

Elvis Presley 1976 Norman OK