First few seconds of audio skipped on Chord Hugo 2

I’m having a very similar issue. I’ll create my own ticket, but wanted to add to this thread as well. I have a custom NUC running Roon ROCK running out to a Chord Hugo 2, and very often, the first fraction of a second to ~2 seconds is muted, despite the track playing, and then everything is fine from there on out. If I drag the play tracker back to the start, it usually restarts w/o issues, and gapless is typically fine, too. It’s when I jump to a brand new track this happens. I’m guessing it’s some sort of caching bug. I don’t mind waiting a few extra seconds for a track to start, but I’d really want it to be audible from the start.

Hi @Andris_Zvargulis,

Does this issue only impact the Chord Hugo 2 zone or other endpoints as well?
Is there any pattern as to weather the tracks are local or streaming?
Are you using any DSP, particularly Crossfade?

Sorry for replying so incredibly late. I didn’t get a notification for this reply. I was not using DSP at all, but this was limited only to streaming tracks (Tidal/Qobuz). Local tracks don’t have this issue.

Are you still seeing this issue, @Andris_Zvargulis?

Is there any change if you use Google DNS?

Can you share a screenshot of the Signal Path when playing to the Chord?

Hey Dylan. I actually haven’t had it happen lately. I did set the resync delay to 500ms, but that was a while ago, and I’m not positive whether or not that is responsible for the improvement. Does this sound like a likely culprit?

Hi @Andris_Zvargulis ,

Thanks for letting us know that the Resync Delay helped with the issue! If you see the issue re-occur, please just let us know and we can take another look, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.