Fitness app voice-over drops playback

Hi,

My Garmin watch plays fitness feedback every 10km when I’m riding. This voice-over plays fine with every audio app except ARC (spotify, tidal, qobuz, local player). With these apps, the volume of the song is lowered while the voice-over is played and then volume is restored. With ARC playback is stopped and I have to restart via the phone (see other bug re: watch controls)

Cheers

Hey @Chris_Schulz,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

I myself was testing this (or something similar) earlier today with turning on ‘Announce Notifications’ on my iOS device while using Arc. In my testing, Arc was able to smoothly lower the volume when a notification was being read by Siri, with the volume increasing after it was finished.

I’m curious what device you’re using Arc with, and if you may look into additional settings on your Garmin and or mobile device to see if that changes the behavior you mention. Does this only happen with the Garmin watch? Or, does it happen when receiving a text message?

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

No worries. Ill do some more testing, but for now here’s some more information:

• Running on Android 11 (MIUI Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite 6GB/128GB)
  • Music volume is not lowered like for other players, it is stopped.
  • I don’t have any other sounds on my phone (text etc) so I will enable a few and see what happens.
  • Of note, the voice is not the “google voice”. It is a more synthesised voice so perhaps a different engine is being used by Garmin however Spotify, Qobuz etc handle this ok.
1 Like

Thanks for the info @Chris_Schulz,

In addition, does this happen no matter the output you’re using? Are you usually using Bluetooth headphones? Or rather, a DAC of sorts?

If you’re using Bluetooth headphones, it may be worth giving them a hard reset. Happy to send over directions on this if that’s the case :+1:

Let me know!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.