Flawless Wifi operation will ethernet improve SQ?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Lenovo Windows 10 i7 8gb

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ZTE Wifi on Xiaomi Wifi Extender

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Cary DMS-600 on Wifi Extender

Description Of Issue

I have no issue at all but that was the essence of my question. I just setup my Roon last night through my dedicated i7 8gb Windows laptop and I absolutely love it. I like my sound quality to be as high as possible but right now I am connecting everything only through a Wifi extender. I actually don’t have any problem at all, no problem with dropouts, not playing, laggy, etc. It even browsed through my 2tb external HDD connected to my laptop flawlessly without any lag. Having said that, would I gain any improvement in sound quality of I connect everything via ethernet cable? I don’t like the mess with ethernet cable but if physical ethernet cable will improve the sound quality I will off course do that.
Thanks a lot for any suggestions

No, I would not expect any difference in sound quality between Ethernet and WiFI.

I agree with Mike_LC

That’s very re assuring to hear that. Thank you very much and appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.