Roon Core Machine

NUC10i5, ROCK

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ubiquiti UniFi UDM and 24-port PoE switch

Connected Audio Devices

Primare SC15 Prisma

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

In the Audio / Other network devices I have listed previous devices that no longer have the listed IP address, or for which I have changed their name. I would like to suggest a feature that flushes those obsolete IP addresses and Chromecast / AirPlay device names once per day so that you have a clear view of the current devices, instead of seeing “hanging” names and older IP addresses.

Now I am unable to “flush” those devices from my “Other network devices” list. How do I do it manually?

Did you try to reboot your ROCK?

Yes, and this is how many devices I see with the same IP but with different names. It is clear to me that it’s a bug with Roon.

I have rebooted everything and I see the same.

How I can manually flush these devices, so that Roon will discover them again?

Roon queries the network are presents the responses. I don’t use Airplay but I do use Chromecast, Notice in my screen shot.

I have setup Google cast groups in Googles Home App, which includes a specific chromecast endpoint. Roon is seeing those google cast group endpoints respond to its network query as individual devices.

Might there be something similar with Apple, airplay shares setup for other things that have nothing to do with Roon, but responding to Roon’s network query of “what is out there?”

Daniel, I don’t configure groups in Chromecast or AirPlay, so each speaker plays separately. But what I found strange is the existence of multiple separate names for a device that has the same IP.

Obviously, it’s a bug that needs to be treated by the SW development team from Roon Labs. I seriously don’t want to see so much outdated information and to be distracted by my main use of Roon: simply enjoying my music and dealing less with the initial configuration.

I have restarted all my network equipment and my PC and this is what I see in Roon: a total mess!

Hey @andeug,

Thanks for illustrating so clearly what you see in Roon in Settings → Audio. What I’ll say from the get go is that Roon will display in this screen every device that is visible on the network.

If those devices aren’t exposed to the network (I believe this can be adjusted in the router’s settings), they will not show up in Roon either.

Furthermore, if you’re using a Windows machine, what might help is deleting the unused ASIO drivers.

However, just having them displayed in Settings → Audio doesn’t affect Roon’s performance.

Those devices have been only exposed once during the time when they’ve had those old names, so they hang somewhere. Do you know what kind of router settings would flush those old names? In particular, I have Ubiquiti UniFi infrastructure.

Having these devices displayed in Settings - Audio doesn’t affect Roon’s performance, but it creates a visual disturbance and confusion for the end-user. It is preferred that a long-term solution is to not see these old names, but only the currently discovered devices.

Hey @andeug,

Thanks for the clarification :pray:

While Roon does not have instructions on how to remove devices from a specific router, I have found two options on Ubiquiti’s community.

The first one is very intuitive and can be found here. The second one is here.

Also, thanks for the feedback on what would make Roon even better. We’re taking it into account moving forward :nerd_face:

1 Like