Focus problems persist and get worse

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus +. All my computers are Macs, a MacBook Pro and an iMac. All running current build of Monterey

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Really not relevant to this issue. I’m on Gigabit Ethernet.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

15,002 Tracks

Description of Issue

It used to be when my Mac slept overnight Roon would greet me with a blank screen instead of my alum list. Then if favorites were off, it would insist I turn them on or vice versa to display anything. Now the screen below is popping up quite frequently when I return to Roon, even after a few minutes. The screen loses the display it had, and insists I remove focus criteria. (I have none). Putting some focus criteria on, like favorites, returns my selected screen. Obviously Roon should not change any screen between sessions. Variations of this problem have persisted for at least 2 years. Would be nice to get it fixed, and now the issue seems to show up over shorter increments of time. Image attached.

Hi @Mel_Martin

Our apologies for the delayed response here. We had hoped to get to you sooner. We’re sorry to see that you’re having problems. We’re happy to help you figure this out!

I have a couple questions that will help us diagnose this:

Can you tell us how you were using Roon just before seeing this screen?

Did you have Focus criteria selected in Roon?

Is your Mac waking from sleep when you see this?

Have you tried rebooting the Remote where this is happening?

We’ll be watching for your response and get back to you as soon as we can! Thanks!

I responded to this but it didn’t not seem to make it. Here is a copy of that response:

Thanks for the response…

Usually my laptop does not sleep. The screen sleeps, but not the computer when I’m plugged in, which it usually is unless I am traveling.

Typically, after several hours away from the computer and I bring up Roon remote I see this. 100% of the time when I first check the computer in the AM. No focus criterial usually selected. Sometimes I just have my albums listed on screen by favorite. It really doesn’t matter. When I look at the roon Remote screen it goes blank. I usually have it with albums selected, listed by date added.

Then it tells me there is a focus issue (see screen shot I sent). If no focus, it tells me to remove focus criteria. (See attached screen shot).

If I switch to list by favorite it fixes it. If I’m in favorites, I turn favorites off and that fixes it. Frustrating.

If I start the remote app it fixes it, until the next time it happens, either later in the day, or the next morning.

Hey @Mel_Martin,

In your messages, you mentioned that this occurs persistently. In addition to instances when your display sleeps it also occurs first thing in the morning when you begin using Roon. Is Roon awaking from sleep in those cases or do you see this “no focus criteria selected” message upon launching the app?

When you’re getting this error was focus criteria selected, or were you simply viewing your albums page?

I’ll be watching for your reply and get back to you as soon as I can.

I don’t know if Roon sleeps on its own… if overnight or just several hours away form the computer, when I come back to Roon, (which is always open) the Roon screen goes blank (all albums disappear) and I have the focus message.

Mel

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.