Folder.jpg not being used consistently

Hey @ezman – we took a look at the files you sent. As I mentioned, we give preference to art we believe is the front cover, and we select the highest resolution front cover file by default.

In the files you sent, I see this:

We’re going to consider three pieces of art here to be potential front cover images:

• Buffalo-Front.jpg
  • folder.jpg
  • folder-noborder.jpg

So, by default Roon is going to select Buffalo-Front.jpg since it’s the biggest front cover available, and since it’s bigger than what our metadata service has retrieved:

So, this all appears to be working as I would expect. Feel free to check out for the #roon:feature-requests category if you’re interested in more fine-grain control at the library level.

As a workaround, you should be able to rename Buffalo-Front.jpg to something our system doesn’t recognize as a front cover – I just renamed it - Buffalo-full.jpg and I believe I am getting the behavior you’re looking for.

You can also select new front covers on an album-by-album basis from the Gallery by clicking the cover, and choosing Set As Album Cover under file info:

2 Likes