Folder location on QNAP NAS stopped working - Unexpected Error adding folders

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon ROCK Version 1.0 (build 183) stable
Roon Server Version 1.7 (build 511) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Everything wired to a Pakedge Router

Description Of Issue

Main Library connected to an SSD Drive connected via USB to the NUC. Works perfectly fine
I had another folder on a QNAP Drive working fine and now it’s not working

When I try to add it again. I get this error.

Here’s the Storage section where you can see that I no longer have access to my old iTunes library. I didn’t do any changes before it stopped working, except for the regular OS updates.

I went through several threads with similar issues, but I can’t find the solution.

Hi @Jose_Andrade,

Is the behavior the same if you reboot your ROCK + Networking Gear + QNAP?

I noticed that you are connecting to the QNAP via IP address in one of your screenshots, can you check to see if the IP address perhaps has changed?

IP address is usually the best way to be sure you are going to the right box, but you also need to know you are using fixed ipaddress for that device, or a reserved dhcp address is fine too for a given device.

I will reboot the ROCK when I get back. I had already rebooted the QNAP and the network gear. I have the QNAP IP address reserved and fixed. I can even access it remotely.

1 Like

Rebooting ROCK is a good strategy. I would also confirm if you can access the share through MacOS’ Connect to Server feature when using the same credentials on the same local network.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.