Folder view updated with new folder, but album not added to Genre overview

Hi, I added a newly ripped CD to my ripped CD’s folder. In the folder view of Roon it appered like expected.

In the genre overview for new ripped CD’s it did not appear. Even after a forced san of the folder it did not appear!

It looks like a different mechanism is user for the genre overview. That adds up to several other experiences I’ve had.

Does it show up if you use genre filters on the albums page?
The genre overview is just adding in the filter but interesting to see if it’s different.

Hi @Adrie_Laan,

I wanted to check in on this thread and see if you were still having issues? I’d be curious to see @ged_hickman1’s note as well - what is the outcome when using the genre filters?

With that, could you provide the specific album in question, and the genre tags associated with it?

Lastly, what are your import settings set to?

Thanks!

No, in the album page the shows the same as the genbre page after filtering on genre.

Hi Benjamin,

My importsettings are this:

So: No Roon Metadata genres and use file information instead.

I expect Room to read the tags from my musicfiles on the NAS and adjust the genre like set in the music. Thus ignoring the genres that are defined in Roon. I prefer to use my own genres.

This has not worked well since I use Roon. For years now. I always have to correct the genres manually to get the genre view as intended. Just before answering this mail I did corrections.

What goes well now is that new albums appear and disappear instantly when moving to the Roon defined areas or deleting them in the area. With according metadata.

The first time reading the metadata is not the problem. But keeping up with the changes in the metadata (I make often) does not work well.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I’ve been moving around some music just yet, and Roon reacts perfect.

It’s just that there’s still a part with backlog of old genre data. Rereading the folders did not resolve this in the past , but I will check again.

After a rescan of all folders, I moved albums to other folders within the Roon datasource settings. Most of it was detected, but 3 out of 40 within the same folder/genre did not.

• One album had new genres added, but the old one was not deleted.
  • One had only the old genre and was not detected as changes and moved.
  • One I could not open to see the data

I also added a new folder with 62 new albums, 62 of them were detected and shown in the right genre.