Forced login when shifting between Roon in 2 separate locations-Very unhappy customer

I own a lifetime Roon license, that I purchased immediately after your company was formed.
I use Roon in 2 separate homes:

1. QNAP i7 NAS w 32 gb memory using 10gbe fiber connection
  2. 2010 Mac Pro running Roon core.
    Going from the QNAP to the Mac system, everything is fine. However, when returning to the QNAP,
    there are constant problems. After deauthorizing the Mac Pro, I click on the QNAP core button, and it kicks me out, forcing me to log back into Roon. This problem did not occur with Roon 1.7, and emerged after 1.8. I am tired of getting yelled at by my wife given her frustrations with the log in requirement and forgetting the password. She is fully justified in being upset about this, and we are both close to ditching Roon altogether. Your sound quality has always been mediocre, but the relational data base, made Roon livable, sound quality not withstanding. After 1.8, many aspects of what made Roon acceptable are now absent. Rumor has it that 1.8 was part of your firms’ attempt to sell itself to one of the largest corporations in the world. Whether or not this rumor is correct, perhaps Roon should dedicate itself to repairing the damage done from your latest, disastrous 1.8 iteration, and doing a better job servicing its’ existing customers.
    Please let me know if you have a solution to my problem. One idea that comes to mind is to allow your customers to use 1 license in 2 separate locations. If this isn’t an option, how to I fix my vexing login problem?

I’ve moved your post to the Support category of the forum, where it will be seen, and responded to, by a member of the Support team.

Roon Labs has always allowed a license to be transferred between locations, but has never allowed a single license to be used in two locations simultaneously. See:

Dude… I know that. Everything I am doing (de-activating, and activating) was suggested by Roon.
The problem isnt me. You are attempting to censor my comments, and I am beyond annoyed.

I haven’t changed a word in your post - merely moved it to the Support category to give Support the heads-up and respond.

3 Likes

Hi @jfp,

I appreciate you sharing how your experience in using one license in more than one location has changed since the release of Roon 1.8.

I am sorry Roon 1.8 in your case isn’t what we hoped it would be. We’d love to help, albeit this late. Please, accept my sincere apology for the delay :pleading_face:

I was wondering if you could please share some details about your QNAP setup, using this post as a guide.

This will provide our technicians with the details they need to make relevant suggestions :nerd_face:

Thank you in advance :pray:

P.S. Thank you @Geoff_Coupe for your help in bringing this to our attention :pray: