Found and Lost Metadata

I have a 15 box set of louis armstrong that when separated in folders, Roon found the correct Metadata and identified the album with liner notes. Now that they are merged, it’s gone and I cannot find it with the search option. Which is very limited, btw. If I put in Louis Armstrong without album name, why can’t I see every album made?

Thanks -

Hi @Chris_Lischy,

Just to clarify here, the box set was in different folders in the storage location and you moved all the tracks to one folder? Or was there a merge done in Roon?

We have some information about the best practice for importing box sets here — I definitely recommend checking that article out.

Hi Dylan - That is helpful. One thing I’m not satisfied with is the options for MetaData sources. I know the data exists for some of my classic jazz albums but how do I get Roon to grab it? Where are you reaching out for the data and are there more options? Thanks -

Hi @Chris_Lischy,

Generally, if you find an album on AllMusic or MusicBrainz, that data will be available in Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.