Network Details
Ethernet Core/Endpoints
Wifi Remotes

Audio Devices
Yes

Library Size
?shrug?

Description of Issue
I was playing Roon Radio and looked down to see this… thought this bug had been squashed? I am on a Dell XPS 13 as remote:

Device name sherman
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1185G7 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz (latest Xe graphics and drivers)
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎4/‎2/‎2021
OS build 19042.985

Remote is latest 1.8 / 795

Thank you!

Hello @ipeverywhere,

Thanks so much for letting us know you’ve experienced garbled letters in your album displays…

Is this something permanent or wide spread? Or is it just the one album? Can you please reboot your Roon Core:

• shut down your Core
  • unplug for a couple of minutes
  • plug back in
  • turn back on

Sorry about the trouble…

I did a forum search… original issue was opened March 2020. As I said, I thought this had been fixed so I opened it again. You can merge my example to the other thread if you like:

Can the priority on this one be bumped higher? Really bummed to see a display bug like this living for so long.

As I mentioned in my original post, the problem affects a set of singles by ⣎⡇ꉺლ༽இ•̛)ྀ◞ ༎ຶ ༽ৣৢ؞ৢ؞ؖ ꉺლ (aka Kieran Hebdan). Seemingly the forum software can get it right, as do a lot of other online sources, but Roon’s attempt is a mangled mess.

This isn’t a glitch that a reboot will fix - I’ve rebooted quite a few times since I posted in 2020 - it’s Roon failing to render the weird font Kieran Hebdan is using for his alter ego and the titles and tracks of his singles.

I’ll be honest, I’m still not all that bothered by this as Roon’s messed up version is no less comprehensible than the original but, as @ipeverywhere mentioned, it’s a shame that this problem has dragged on for so long.

And just another, maybe less weird example: