Freezing when trying to access data

Roon is playing music fine and shuffling my own library. But is stalls when I explicitly try to go into Tidal. When I play Roon Radio it says an error occurred and it has to restrict to my own library. (Even some are from Tidal). Also very slow bringing up artist’s albums in their profile.

Hi @Richard_Guth,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Has this always happened or is this something new?

Any change after a reboot?

Internet: Comcast business
Router: Technicolor Device Type BWG, Model DPC3941B
Network: Linksys Velop Mesh Network
Roon Nucleas connected to network through ethernet to a TP-Link 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch | Ethernet Splitter | Sturdy Metal w/Shielded Ports |Plug-and-Play | Traffic Optimization | Unmanaged (TL-SG108)
QNAP is also connected to the Network Switch
My phone and iPad all connect wirelessly through the Mesh Network
My MacBook Pro is connected to the switch with an ethernet cable

It started with the last upgrade. If I restart the server and turn the nucleus on and off it behaves for a while. It worse on my iPad and iPhone, but sometimes the desktop app does it too.

I will also add that Roon radio won’t start. It seems to sometimes play things from Tidal, but I cannot explicitly tell it to play roon radio.

Hi @Richard_Guth,

Can you go to Settings > Services and choose to log out of TIDAL? After that can you try to log back in and let us know if that helps?

If there is no change, you can also try clearing your TIDAL cache:

  • Navigate to RoonServer/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Restart RoonServer


Logging out of Tidal did not work. When I tried to log back the circle just went around.

Then Lots of trouble moving the content of the cache. which seems to have broken Roon altogether. As soon as I moved the folders in the cache folder, Roon created a new folder for everything. This is what is in the cache now.

the roon desktop app tries to connect to the nucleus, then it flashed the UI and I get an error message that it filed and it goes back to trying to connect again. Then lands on the page where it says it can’t connect to nucleus. then tries again. It did give me the UI for a few minutes, but it crashes once I start clicking around.

Hi @Richard_Guth,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs and take a screenshot of the error. Then respond here with that time and screenshot, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.


I did it several times between 6:05pm and 6:12pm today. It behaves a little differently each time. Sometimes I get the GUI up and am able to get to Tidal and try to play an album, but then I get a message “error: album not found” (it flashes too fast to get a screenshot) All the other are the typical Roon symbol animated trying to do something and then the “lost connection” screen.

Screenshots of error messages are here :

Thanks, @Richard_Guth.

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.


I just let Roon run for about 30 minutes doing what it has been doing, trying to connect, failing, trying to connect, failing, etc. I was getting a message that updates were available for my devices (not sure if Nucleas or BlueSounds), but GUI doesn’t stay up long enough for me to click the upgrade.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks for all your help. I miss my Roon.

Hi @Richard_Guth,

The team is hoping you might be able to send some logs over from the Nucleus so they can have some additional data. Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

@dylan and team,

Here are my log files:

Aslo, I can’t access the admin screen via my we browser anymore. Here is the screen shot.’t%20Access%20Roon%20Admin%20Screen.png?dl=0

Hi @Richard_Guth,

Do you have backups of Roon from before the issue occurred?

Are you able to connect to the Nucleus via Finder or File Explorer?

I have backups of my Roon database.

I am able to connect with the nucleus via my Mac Finder and get into the folders and files.

@dylan what is going on? I have not heard from you in a week. My roon is still not working. I restored the operating system, so I can now get the admin screen. But the app is still not working, so I can’t restore my database or anything else.

Would really like to get it working again.

Hi @Richard_Guth,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay here! I drafted a response but it was never sent and for that I apologize.

I’m hoping you can try the following and let me know if the same behavior occurs:

  • Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database

@dylan, I have done it twice, and it has been broken since you asked me to remove the cache folders. Ever since then, I get a second httpcache_2.db folder. Here is screenshot:

And this is what I get when I open the UI