Frequent "Are you online?" Popup Issue in RoonServer (ref#M268WL)

Thank you for the basic-tips …
I think it would be more sufficient to check if there is a permanent connection to the Roon-Servers.
Is there any information which Servers/Ports should be checked ?

Thanks

For as I know there are no open ports except port 80 which is the default internet port.

Did you confirm the gateway and dns are correct on your server? I would scan the Network ips and see if there are any conflicts and or change the static on the server.

You can also ping your router and see if there is packet loss from the router. example - ping 192.168.1.1 /t . Let it run a while to see if anything develops.

I have seen faulty ports on switches and routers but still appear to work ok but are flaky. Moving it to another port resolves the issue.

Hope some of this helps.

–MD

Then why not use ROCK, it’s Roon’s answer to using a NUC. With an i7 NUC it will cope with most conditions

Because this system worked for 2 years flawlessly :wink:

Hi
Gateway and DNS are correct → Pfsense
No duplicate IPs → checked and prohibited by pfsense
Network-Connection is there … as already mentioned … if I only restart the Roon-Server.service it work… So I might assume basic network-configuration is not the issue here

I can understand where you are at with restarting the Roon service fixing it.
I have no idea what would be causing the Roon service to stop.

Let’s tag @support and see if we can get them involved here. They have the ability to access the Roon specific log files which will shed way more light on it. If it is ethernet / network related they will see that.

–MD

Some questions that support will probably ask:
What DNS server are you using?
If not Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 or Google DNS 8.8.8.8, can you try?

Also, is there any firewall active in your system that could be blocking the connection, also on your ISP’s/router’s side, you can try to disable temporarily?

Are you using a VPN you can try to disable?

If none of that works, do you have a backup available that you could install?

If not, have you tried creating a new database, as described here:

I just saw this before posting:

Can you turn off the pfsense firewall temporarily as a test?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.